On Saturday, December 8 at 11 a.m., Good People Brewing Company (Birmingham, Alabama) will host Día del Gordo III, a bottle release event for the brewery’s beloved El Gordo Imperial Stout.
Often regarded as a highly respected, longtime champion of the craft beer community in Birmingham, the hard-hitting El Gordo will step out of the shadows once again on December 8 to show the world all that it has to offer at Día del Gordo III (also known as El Gordo Day 2018). This massive, 13.9% ABV Imperial Stout always puts on a hell of a show at its annual appearance, and you best believe that El Gordo has quite a few surprises in store for the fans attending this year’s event. Día del Gordo III is sure to be quite the spectacle, so let’s break down the event in an attempt to shed some light on the mystery that is El Gordo Una Stout Imperial.
Since Día del Gordo III is first and foremost a bottle release, guests who attend the event will have the opportunity to purchase the following bottles:
- 2018 El Gordo Una Stout Imperial
- 2018 Barrel-aged El Gordo
- 2018 Apple Brandy Barrel-aged El Gordo
- Good People will also have a limited supply of vintage El Gordo bottles dating back as early as 2014
The Exclusive Drafts
With that said, Día del Gordo is still a party and this one is rockin’ the following tap list of highly-limited, draft-only variants of El Gordo:
- El Gordo Aged in Tequila (former Bourbon) Barrels
- El Gordo Aged in Rum (former Bourbon) Barrels
- El Gordo Aged in American Oak Port Barrels
- El Gordo (NITRO) aged in Port Barrels with Single Origin Guatemalan Coffee from Domestique Coffee
- El Gordo with Vanilla
- El Gordo with Cocoa Nibs from Olive & Sinclair Chocolate Co. & Toasted Coconut
Other Useful Info
- Día del Gordo III is free to attend and pay as you go. Since no tickets are being issued, they are obviously not necessary to attend
- All purchases must be made at the brewery with a valid I.D. The brewery CANNOT pre-sell or ship bottles to anyone interested in acquiring one
- It is best to get to this event early because all El Gordo bottles are sold on a first come, first served basis
- Día del Gordo III will also feature live music and local food trucks. We will update you with the lineup of musical acts and food vendors just as soon as that information is made available
- The kind folks at Good People Brewing will be raffling off prizes from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. during Día del Gordo III. The Grand Prize will be drawn at 3 p.m.
Alright, that should just about cover all the information currently available on Día del Gordo III/El Gordo Day 2018. If any more details surface before the event, we will be sure to update you with that information here.
If you plan on being anywhere near Birmingham, Alabama on December 8, clear your schedule now, coordinate with your Stout-loving amigos, and get to Good People Brewing Company nice and early on Día del Gordo III so that you can bear witness to the magnificence that is El Gordo. To do otherwise would just be a shame. Prost!