Cigar City Brewing (Tampa, Florida) has officially announced that it will celebrate five long-time employees during Tampa Bay Beer Week 2020 with a week-long series of Limited Bottle Releases at its newly renovated Spruce Street Taproom.
To bring some much needed attention to an all-star lineup of “long-time Cigar City Brewing employees who have helped make [the] brewery and the Tampa Bay brewing community what it is today,” Cigar City Brewing will spend the majority of Tampa Bay Beer Week releasing “one extremely limited barrel-aged beer per day, brewed to honor” on of these “unsung heroes.” The release schedule and bottle lineup is as follows:
- Monday, March 9 – Brady Eaglin | Bourbon Barrel-aged Barleywine-style Ale | ABV – 14.0% ABV
- Tuesday, March 10 – Jay “The Welder” Lesher | Apple Brandy and Cherry Brandy Barrel-aged Imperial Porter with Vanilla and Almonds | ABV – 13.5%
- Wednesday, March 11 – Alex Espinosa | Bourbon Barrel-aged Imperial Stout with Coffee, Hazelnut, Maple and Vanilla | ABV – 13.4%
- Thursday, March 12 – Mike LaDuke | Double Apple Brandy Barrel-aged Barleywine-style Ale With Cinnamon – ABV – 15.5%
- Friday, March 13 – Ian Schmidt | Bourbon Barrel-aged Imperial Sweet Stout with Vanilla Beans | ABV – 13.8%
A few things to keep in mind if you plan to attend one (or all) of these bottle releases:
- All releases will take place at Cigar City’s Spruce Street Taproom & Brewery (3924 W Spruce St. | Tampa, Florida)
- Each beer will release at 11 a.m. on its scheduled day
- Fewer than 400 bottles of each barrel-aged beer have been produced
- Bottles will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis, and each release will be limited to 1 bottle per customer
- Each 500mL bottle will cost $18.99
With each release only consisting of around 400 bottles, it is safe to assume that these barrel-aged brews will disappear quickly each day. If you are excited about one (or several) of these releases, be sure to factor an 11 a.m. trip to Cigar City Brewing into your Tampa Bay Beer Week schedule on the respective release date(s) of the beer(s) that caught your attention. Prost!