Cascade Brewing (Portland, Oregon) came forward today to present a Product Release Calendar that boasts a streamlined lineup of eleven beers scheduled for release in both bottle and draft in 2018.
To keep with our usual approach to beer calendars, we have posted Cascade Brewing’s full 2018 Product Release Calendar below so that you can look it over at your own pace. That said, we probably should go over a few highlights before turning you over directly to the calendar. Let’s get to it:
- The brewery will begin 2018 with the return of Sang Rouge in January. This offering “is a blend of sour red ales aged in select red wine barrels and fresh oak puncheons for up to 24 months.”
- After selling out in record time in 2017, Cascade “has more than doubled the batch size” for the 2018 return of Kentucky Peach. It will hit in March.
- The brewery will tackle summer with the mid-July launch of Peche Fume, Cascade’s second peach offering.
- A new version of Cuvee du Jongleur – “a blend of select reds, triples and quads” – will be released in October. Often referred to as Cascade’s “White Whale”, this offering was last released in 2009.
- Debuting in March as the brewery’s first “Limited Release” of 2018, Melonious Blond “is a blend of sour wheat and blondes aged up to 14 months with fresh Oregon Cantaloupe and Summer Kiss melons.” Melonious Blond is “Cascade’s first melon sour.”
- An unnamed collaboration with Indiana’s Upland Brewing Co. will arrive in April. For this Limited Release, “Cascade will provide locally grown fresh pears from Oregon; while Upland will supply fresh Paw Paw fruit (a cross between a mango and a banana).” More details to come.
“In the coming year, we’re taking a slightly different approach to our annual release schedule,” stated Tim Larrance, vice president of sales and marketing. “We will be offering fewer releases, but making a greater quantity of cases and kegs available to our wholesalers worldwide, meaning more beer for everyone!”
Added lead blender Kevin Martin, “Narrowing our scope on fewer releases throughout the year will enable our production team to focus on the finer aspects of each blend, which we’re confident will result in some of the best beers ever to come out of our cellar.”
That should just about cover everything that we wanted to go over, but there are still a few old favorites and soon-to-be favorites left for you to find on the calendar below. Give it a good look, take some notes, and get ready for another outstanding year of Sour Ales from Cascade Brewing in 2018. Prost!