Tampa Bay Beer Week 2022 is in full swing and Independent Bar & Cafe Tampa (5016 N Florida Ave | Tampa, Florida) is covering the mid-week action with Shakespeare on Tap at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, March 9.
If you are looking for something a little different to get into this Beer Week, the Independent is bringing a bit of culture and theater to shake up the usual mix of tap takeovers, beer dinners and festivals. Shakespeare on Tap will feature “talented local theater actors in a tipsy one-night only production of Shakespeare skits” with performances scheduled at 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. Oh . . . and you best believe the Independent will have an amazing draft and bottle selection worthy of Tampa Bay Beer Week.
Shakespeare on Tap is free to attend (no cover) and is pay as you go when it comes to beer and food. So, break out those puffy pants and ruffle shirts, and raise a glass to The Bard at the Independent Tampa on Wednesday, March 9. Prost!
Angry Chair Brewing (6401 N Florida Ave | Tampa, Florida) will kick off its week of Tampa Bay Beer Week 2022 events with a very special Barleywine Night beginning at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, March 8.
To further prove that Barleywine is indeed LIFE, Angry Chair Brewing has compiled the following tap list of their own rare Barleywines along with a few special treats from their friends from around the country to feature on March 8:
Angry Chair Barleywines
- Bourbon Barrel-aged Dave’s Barleywine
- Double Barrel-aged Dave’s Barleywine
- Apple Brandy Barrel-aged Dave’s Barleywine
- Stuffed Crust – Double Mash English-style Barleywine aged for 12 months in Bourbon Barrels (collab w/ American Solera)
- Apple Brandy Vanilla Barrel-aged Dave’s Barleywine
- Endless Roots Barrel-aged Barleywine with walnuts, coconut, raisins, & special spices
- Anabasis batch #4 from Side Project Brewing (Maplewood, Missouri)
- Vanilla Almond Apple Brandy Circle Of Wolves from The Veil Brewing Co. (Richmond, Virginia)
- David Humphreys’ Barleywine from Cigar City Brewing (Tampa, Florida)
- The K13 Barleywine aged in Maple Syrup Bourbon Barrels from Voodoo Brewery (Meadville, Pennsylvania)
- Sunday ‘21 Barleywine rested in Bourbon Barrels for 30 months from Cycle Brewing (St. Petersburg, Florida)
Barleywine Night is NOT a ticketed event and is strictly pay as you go. With that said, the tap list will be adjusted during the event as kegs kick. All offerings listed are available only as long as supplies last, so make sure you get to Angry Chair early on Tuesday, March 8 to ensure that you have the best possible Barleywine experience. Prost!