Hi-Wire Brewing (Asheville, North Carolina) has announced that it will officially release its 2018 Collaboration Mixed 12-Pack with Against The Grain Brewery (Louisville, Kentucky), Blackberry Farm Brewery (Walland, Tennessee) and Trophy Brewing Co. (Raleigh, North Carolina) in mid-February.
In the spirit of sharing their “craft with respected peers in the Southeast”, the folks at Hi-Wire Brewing recently brought in “longtime [friends] and connections” from Against the Grain, Blackberry Farm and Trophy Brewing Co. so that they could develop some creative offerings to be featured in the 2018 version of their annually released Collaboration Mixed 12-pack. This year’s featured collaboration beers are as follows (descriptions provided by Hi-Wire Brewing):
- Against the Grain Brewery – Dark Coffee Lager: “We took special care to let the beautiful fruit notes from naturally processed Ethiopian coffee via Dynamite Roasting sing in this collaboration with our buddies from Against The Grain Brewery in Louisville, Kentucky. Aromatic notes of fresh ground coffee beans, hazelnut, cherry, and new leather meld perfectly with a soothing dark malt sweetness and hints of fresh baked bread with a clean, crisp finish.” (5.5% ABV)
- Blackberry Farm Brewery – A Wee Bit More Hops Tropical Saison: “In our collaboration with Blackberry Farm Brewery we decided to celebrate Blackberry Farm’s world class house Saison yeast strain by pairing it with a plethora of tropically aggressive American hops, including a mid fermentation hop addition for added depth. Azacca, El Dorado, and Mosaic shine with magnificent aromas of mango, papaya, juicy fruit, and white grape while a slight bitterness and dry finish preps the palette for another sip.” (6.2% ABV)
- Trophy Brewing Co. – Double Dry-Hopped IPA: “It’s no secret Trophy Brewing makes some of the best IPAs in the country. So after very little deliberation, we decided to brew the hoppiest beer Hi-Wire has ever created at 3.5 lbs per barrel. Starting with Simcoe and Centennial in the whirlpool before mid-fermentation and dry-hop additions of El Dorado and Simcoe, this hazy gold monstrosity screams of green mango, huge citrus, and piney resin with a slight sweetness on the finish. This one is for the truest of hop fiends.” (7% ABV)
To complete this mixed 12-pack, Hi-Wire has also included three of its flagship brews: Hi-Pitch Mosaic IPA, Lo-Pitch Juicy IPA, and Hi-Wire Gose. Each Mixed 12-pack will contain two 12 oz. bottles/cans of each of the six beers mentioned above.
According to Hi-Wire’s Release Calendar, the 2018 Collaboration Mixed 12-pack is slated for release on February 16 and will be around as long as supplies last. You can expect to find this Limited Release mixed pack at select craft beer retailers located within Hi-Wire Brewing’s distribution footprint in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, and Ohio. Prost!
Hi-Wire Brewing (Asheville, North Carolina) has announced that it will officially begin the limited release of its coveted 10W-40 Imperial Stout on Friday, December 22.
Back for the second year in a row, 10W-40 is a full-bodied Imperial Stout that has been brewed with fresh cocoa nibs from Asheville’s French Broad Chocolates and then “rounded out by milk sugar and Madagascar vanilla beans.” This decadent dessert beer is then finished with coffee from Dynamite Roasting Co. to “[accentuate] the cocoa and [add] slight roast to balance out the vanilla.”
10W-40 Imperial Stout will have availability in 4-packs of 16 oz. cans beginning on December 22. This Specialty Series offering will see limited distribution to select craft beer establishments found within Hi-Wire Brewing’s distribution area that includes North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, and Ohio. If you wish to get your hands on some 10W-40 Imperial Stout this holiday season, go ahead and mark those calendars now because this highly-anticipated release is sure to disappear just as soon as it hits shelves. Prost!
Vital Information for 10W-40 Imperial Stout from Hi-Wire Brewing
Release – Limited/Specialty, launching December 22, 2017
Style – Imperial Stout
ABV – 8%
Added Ingredients – Cocoa nibs, milk sugar, Madagascar vanilla beans & coffee
Availability – 4-packs of 16 oz. cans
Distribution – Limited distribution to select establishments in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia & Ohio
Hi-Wire Brewing (Asheville, North Carolina) has officially announced that it has signed with Georgia Crown Distributing Co. to expand its distribution network into the Atlanta, Northwest Georgia, and Southwest Georgia areas.
After testing the waters in smaller markets such as Athens, Augusta and Savannah, Hi-Wire Brewing has confidently decided to take a huge leap forward by launching their brand in Atlanta and the remainder of the state of Georgia. To take full advantage of this opportunity, the brewery will enter the Atlanta market with its “entire portfolio, including year-round, seasonal, specialty, and sour beers.”
“The opportunity to roll out into a major metropolitan area like Atlanta doesn’t come along too often. Hi-Wire will certainly see an incredible boost in its overall sales, but I believe the increased exposure from having a larger and more targeted audience, is the bigger piece of the puzzle.”
– Chris Lutkowski, Director of Sales for Hi-Wire Brewing
The Hi-Wire Brewing team and Georgia Crown Distribution Co. will celebrate this launch by hosting “a variety of tap takeovers, tastings, and other specialty events throughout the week of June 5th-9th.” The list of confirmed events is as follows:
Monday, June 5
- 6 p.m. – Launch Party at Argosy (470 Flat Shoals Ave. SE, Atlanta)
Tuesday, June 6
Wednesday, June 7
Thursday, June 8
Saturday, June 10
- 11 a.m. – Tap Takeover at The Beer Growler (38A N. Avondale Rd. Avondale Estates)
The list above is just a sampling of what is to come, so be sure to follow Hi-Wire Brewing’s social media accounts – Facebook, Twitter & Instagram – for information on any added events.
This is an awesome score for Georgia’s craft beer faithful, so be sure that you are at one (or several) of these launch events to give the Hi-Wire Brewing crew a proper welcome to the Atlanta beer scene. Prost!