Rogue Ales (Newport, Oregon) has come forward this week to unveil a 2018 Product Calendar boasting 13 Year-Round offerings, 9 Seasonals, and 10 Special Releases.
It appears that beer calendar season has caught a second wind as we kick off the week with a look at Rogue Ale’s 2018 Product Calendar. The brewery’s full calendar is available below, but let’s go over a few highlights real quick.
- Rogue will be rockin’ a baker’s dozen of Year-Round offerings in 2018. This includes old favorites such as Dead Guy Ale, Hazelnut Brown Nectar, Shakespeare Stout, Chocolate Stout (wearing some new label artwork), and a plethora of IPA options spanning from 4 Hop IPA to 8 Hop IPA.
- The Seasonal lineup will be sporting a few new brews: Yellow Snow Pilsner (January, November – December), Cold Brew 2.0 Blonde Ale (February – June), Marionberry Sour (July – October), and a “Top Secret” beer coming in July.
- You will notice that the Special Release series will also be seeing a few new beers in 2018. These limited releases include Straight Outta Newport (January), Kulture Clash (April – June), 10 Hop IPA (May), and the newly reformulated Santa’s Private Reserve (November – December).
- Rolling Thunder Imperial Stout (2018) will also return in February as a Specialty Release, but this year it will be available in 16.9 oz. bottles instead of 1L swing-tops.
That should cover most of the new releases, but there are still quite few beers left for you to find on the calendar below. Give it a good look and settle in for another tasty year of beer from Rogue Ales in 2018. Prost!
Rogue Ales (Newport, Oregon) has officially launched their “Shout Out to Stouts” campaign, a month-long celebration of the Stout beer style.
Since February prominently features Valentine’s Day at its center, it is highly likely that we will find ourselves seeking out decadent, pleasurable indulgences at some point this month. This being the case, nothing embodies indulgence more in the world of craft beer than the endless satisfaction found in a rich, luscious Stout. No one knows this more than the folks at Rogue Ales, and they have seized this moment to give a Shout Out to Stouts. To properly execute this tribute, Rogue will be featuring these three beloved Stouts all month long:
- Chocolate Stout – Ebony in color with a rich creamy head. An earthy flavor of oats and hops that gives way to a rich chocolate truffle finish.
ABV – 5.8%
IBUs – 69
Ingredients – 2-Row, C120, Chocolate & Rogue Farms Dare™ and Risk™ Malts; Rogue Farms Rebel™ Hops; Rolled Oats, Roasted Barley, Chocolate; Free Range Coastal Water & Pacman Yeast
Availability – 22 0z. bottles & draft
- Double Chocolate Stout – an evolution of Rogue Chocolate Stout, which is flavored with imported Dutch bittersweet chocolate. The winner of three World Beer Championships Gold Medals.
ABV – 8.7%
IBUs – 68
Ingredients – 2-Row, C120, Chocolate & Rogue Farms Dare™ & Risk™ Malts; Rogue Farms Rebel™ Hops; Rolled Oats, Roasted Barley, Honey, Chocolate, Free Range Coastal Water & Pacman Yeast
Availability – 750ml bottles & draft
- Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout – Ebony in color with a rich creamy head, earthy flavor and a mellow, chocolate finish.
ABV – 5.8%
IBUs – 60
Ingredients – 2-Row, C120, Chocolate and Rogue Farms Dare™ & Risk™ Malts; Rogue Farms Rebel Hops; Rolled Oats, Roasted Barley, Free Range Coastal Water & Pacman Yeast
Availability – 22 oz. bottles, 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles & draft
All of the Stouts mentioned above are widely available now at craft beer establishments located in Alabama, Florida and throughout the rest of Rogue’s vast distribution area. If you find yourself enjoying a tasty Stout from Rogue Ales during the month of February, the brewery suggests that you document your experience on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #ShoutOutToStouts for a chance “to win Rogueish stuff.” Drink awesome Stouts and possibly win some cool schwag in the process? You certainly cannot go wrong with that combo. Join Rogue Ales and get your Stout on, folks. Prost!
Rogue Ales (Newport, Oregon) recently hit social media with the news that their fan-favorite blend lovingly known as Hazelutely Choctabulous will soon be released in bottles and on draft.
Hazelutely Choctabulous, an innocent idea dreamed up by brewery super-fans to mix two long-standing and respected brews from Rogue Ales, is a secret that can no longer be contained. This 60/40 blend of Hazelnut Brown Nectar and Rogue Chocolate Stout has reached such a level of popularity that the brewery has decided to officially release it as a stand-alone offering in bottles and on draft. For the full story on the beverage also known as “Candy Bar in a Bottle,” here is the full brewery description:
For years, our hardest core local fans have been drinking a blend of Chocolate Stout and Hazelnut Brown Nectar, they say it tastes like a chocolate candy bar. We have taken these two absolutely fabulous beers and fused them together to create Hazelutely Choctabulous, dark and decadent with a rich nutty flavor up front followed by a chocolate truffle finish. We’re thrilled to share our little secret with the world.
Rogue Ales has hinted that Hazelutely Choctabulous will be arriving
soon, but an official release date has yet to be set (will update once we have that info) in January of 2017. What is confirmed is that this offering will be available in 22 oz. bottles and on draft at fine beer bars, restaurants and retailers in Alabama, Florida and throughout the brewery’s expansive distribution area. The idea of a “Candy Bar in a Bottle” is sure to get the attention of many beer lovers out there, so stay vigilant and snag your bottle or pour when you see it. Prost!
Vital Information for Hazelutely Choctabulous from Rogue Ales
Release – Limited, January 2017
Style – Beer Blend, 60% Hazelnut Brown Nectar & 40% Rogue Chocolate Stout
ABV – 5.7% ABV
IBUs – 51
Availability – 22 oz. bottles & draft
Beer Finder – https://www.rogue.com/finder/