Another week brings with it another wave of beer calendars, and this one is kicking off with the 2020 Release Schedule from Funky Buddha Brewery (Oakland Park, Florida).
In keeping with our approach to beer calendar season, we have posted Funky Buddha Brewery’s full 2020 Release Schedule below for you to thumb through at your own pace. With that said, there is a good amount of news (both on and off the official schedule) that we would like to clue you in on first. Let’s get at it:
- Chant Repeatable IPA will join Funky Buddha’s Year-Round portfolio in February. Low in calories and carbs but high on hop flavor, Chant is a supremely crushable ale that channels notes of citrus, mango, and pine from the addition of Mosaic hops. Chant IPA will be available in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans and on draft. ABV – 4.2% IBUs – 27
- The 2020 Goodness Series will consist of two new offerings and two returning favorites: Tart Shake **NEW** (Feb-May): Milkshake sour ale with black currants, passion fruit, vanilla, and lactose; Cosmic Trip **NEW** (May-Aug): Hazy IPA with starfruit and galaxy hops; Sweet Potato Casserole (Aug-Oct): Spiced ale with sweet potato, vanilla, and spices; Last Snow (Oct-Dec): Creamy porter with coconut and coffee. All Goodness Series offerings will be available in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans and on draft.
- The Mixology Series will return in 2020 with three new cocktail-inspired beers: Paloma (Feb-May): Tequila barrel-aged tart ale with agave nectar, grapefruit, lime, and sea salt; Negroni (June-Sept): Chardonnay barrel-aged ale with herbs and botanicals; Old Fashioned (Oct-Dec): Bourbon barrel-aged rye ale with orange peel, herbs, and botanicals. All 2020 Mixology Series releases will be available in 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles and on draft.
- Funky Buddha’s line of Limited Releases – bold, innovative beers that marry culinary-inspired ingredients with time-honored technique – will return with offerings like Maple Bacon Coffee Porter (statewide distribution), No Crusts Brown Ale, Sticky Nuts Blonde Ale, Rum Barrel-Aged Coquito Imperial Cream Ale and several more. These beers will be released throughout the year in the South Florida market with availability in 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles and on draft. Keep an eye on Funky Buddha’s social media channels for updates and exact release dates.
- The Living Barrel Series is also scheduled to return with an array of small batch, barrel-aged beers. A majority of these releases will remain in the tap room with a few being released to the South Florida market.
- Funky Buddha Brewery plans to launch a new line of Natural Hard Seltzers in 2020. Made with real agave nectar, pure cane sugar, and natural fruit flavors, these premium beverages offer a guilt-free alternative with a clear purpose. The seltzers will be launched in variety 12-packs consisting of bright, refreshing flavors like Lush Key Lime Cherry, Tropical Mango Guava, Crisp Pink Grapefruit, and Juicy Blood Orange. With only 90 calories, 1g carbs, and 0g sugar, these bubbly bevies are a perfect pair to an active and enlightened lifestyle. 12-packs will be available in the South Florida area starting in March.
That should just about cover all the items that we wanted to go over, but there is still plenty of fun stuff left for you to find on the calendar below. Make sure to give it a good look so that you can be fully prepared for the year ahead with Funky Buddha Brewery. Prost!