Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan) has officially announced that it will introduce Unraveled IPA, the brewery’s first packaged Juicy IPA, as its newest Year-Round offering in mid-February 2020.
Originally released in 2019 as a part of Founder’s Brewing Co.’s Mothership Series – a lineup of experimental, taproom-only offerings – under the name Mucho Lupo, Unraveled IPA is a Juicy India Pale Ale “dry hopped with traditional hop pellets and lupulin powder, an innovative hop product that separates lupulin from the hop flower.” With wheat and oats providing “a smooth backdrop to carry all those wonderful hop characteristics,” Unraveled IPA (6.6% ABV, 50 IBUs) is a unique Juicy IPA that pours “beautifully clear.”
“This is one of my favorite IPAs to come out of the brewery in a while,” said Brewmaster, Jeremy Kosmicki. “The hop character is aggressive with its citrus and tropical flavors and aromas while the addition of lupulin powder – rather than relying on over dry-hopping with just pellets – helps keep the grassiness in check. It has great balance and is clean, bright and refreshing.”
“It’s not often we add a beer to our year-round lineup, so when we do it’s definitely reason to celebrate,” said Co-Founder and President, Dave Engbers. “Jeremy wanted to create a juicy IPA that poured clear and he hit the nail on the head with Unraveled IPA. It’s hop aroma and flavor can stand up next to even the juiciest of juicy IPAs, but its clean, crisp finish is unmistakably Founders. Unraveled IPA fits in perfectly alongside Centennial and All Day as yet another fantastic IPA option you can find from Founders.”
Unraveled IPA will debut in Founders Brewing Co.’s Grand Rapids taproom on February 11 and in its Detroit taproom on February 18, and full distribution will follow in mid-February. You can expect to find this new Year-Round offering available in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans and on draft at craft beer-friendly establishments located in Alabama, Florida, Michigan and throughout the rest of the brewery’s nationwide distribution network. Prost!
Vital Information for Unraveled IPA from Founders Brewing Co.
Release – Year-Round; launching mid-February 2020
Style – Juicy India Pale Ale
ABV – 6.6%
IBUs – 50
Availability – 6-packs of 12 oz. cans & draft
Beer Finder – https://foundersbrewing.com/beer/find-our-beer/
Brewery release calendar season is back once again and we are kicking of this year’s round with a look at the 2020 Availability Calendar for Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan).
As is the norm around here when it comes to beer calendars, we have published Founders Brewing Co.’s 2020 Availability Calendar in its entirety below so that you can examine it at your own pace. With that said, here are a few juicy tidbits that we would like to highlight before we turn you over to the calendar:
- The Barrel-Aged Series kicks off with the 2019/2020 release of KBS Espresso – the first variant of KBS – which will have availability into February 2020. The original KBS will return in February as a Year-Round release. Más Agave (May – July) and Underground Mountain Brown (September – October) are both scheduled to return in 2020. Founders plans to add two new yet-to-be-named offerings to the series during the year – one of which will be a Más Agave variant.
- The brewery’s Year-Round lineup will see the addition of Unraveled IPA in February. Unraveled IPA is an “incredibly flavorful and aromatic” Juicy India Pale Ale “dry hopped with traditional hop pellets along with lupulin powder, an innovative hop product that separates lupulin from the hop flower.” ABV – 6.6% IBUS – 50
- Centennial IPA will get some new packaging options in 2020. Look for this Year-Round to have availability in 19.2 oz. cans and 6-packs of 12 oz. cans beginning in February 2020.
- 4 Giants IPA, “a mashup of [the brewery’s] four favorite imperial IPAs,” will be available April through June 2020 as a part of the Limited Series.
- Speaking of the Limited Series, Frangelic Mountain Brown (January – March), Green Zebra (May – August), and Harvest Ale (October) are all scheduled to return. Founders plans to also add two yet-to-be-named offerings to the series in 2020.
- The Mothership Series, the brewery’s “ultra-limited, brew team favorite beers only found at [Founders] taproom locations,” will kick off with the return of Devil Dancer on January 22. Founders plans to release five more Mothership Series offerings throughout the year.
- The brewery will launch the MI-Exclusive Series in 2020 with the March release of Red’s Rye IPA in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans. As you may have already guessed, the MI-Exclusive Series will see exclusive distribution in Founders Brewing Co.’s home state of Michigan.
That should just about cover all the points we wanted to go over, but there is still a good amount of info left for you to discover on the calendar below. Give it a good look and start getting excited about all the tasty brews headed your way from Founders Brewing Co in 2020. Prost!