Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan) has officially announced that it will introduce Brewed for MI, a new series of Limited Release offerings available exclusively in Michigan, with the mid-March release of Red’s Rye IPA.
Brewed for MI is a Michigan-exclusive series that will consist of three different beer releases in 2020. To go a step further than just being a chance to treat Michigan beer lovers to a special beer of their own, each Brewed for Mi release also “aims to raise awareness for Michigan-based non-profits through” the Big Pitcher, Founders Brewing Co.’s “corporate giving platform designed to give back to the causes that mean the most to the brewery. All causes Founders supports fall under three categories: Social Justice, Environment and Arts & Culture and range from local, MI-based organizations to those that operate on a national-level.” Red’s Rye IPA “intends to raise awareness for MI-based organizations that fall under the Arts & Culture category.”
A longtime favorite in the brewery’s “Grand Rapids taproom by employees and fans alike,” Red’s Rye IPA is an India Pale Ale “brewed with an abundance of Amarillo hops that impart intense grapefruit aromatics while the addition of rye malt lends a spicy, crisp finish.” Boasting a “serious hop bitterness,” Red’s Rye IPA comes in at 70 IBUs and 6.6% ABV.
“We’re excited to release Red’s Rye IPA in package outside of our taproom for the first time in years,” said Co-Founder and President, Dave Engbers. “There’s a reason Red’s Rye IPA is consistently the #1 selling beer in the Grand Rapids taproom month after month – it’s a well-balanced, flavorful IPA that celebrates the delicious citrus characteristics of the Amarillo hop. We’re thrilled to put this product in a can for the first time in the name of supporting the artistic community throughout the state of Michigan.”
Red’s Rye IPA hit Founders Brewing Co.’s two taproom locations last week – Grand Rapids taproom on March 11 and Detroit taproom on March 12 – and distribution is scheduled to begin in mid-March 2020. You can expect to find this Limited Release offering available in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans and on draft at craft beer-friendly establishments located in Michigan only. Prost!
Vital Information for Red’s Rye IPA from Founders Brewing Co.
Release – Limited/Brewed for MI Series; mid-March 2020
Style – American India Pale Ale/Rye Beer
ABV – 6.6%
IBUs – 70
Featured Hops – Amarillo
Availability – 6-packs of 12 oz. cans & draft
Distribution – Michigan only
Brewery release calendar season is back once again and we are kicking of this year’s round with a look at the 2020 Availability Calendar for Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan).
As is the norm around here when it comes to beer calendars, we have published Founders Brewing Co.’s 2020 Availability Calendar in its entirety below so that you can examine it at your own pace. With that said, here are a few juicy tidbits that we would like to highlight before we turn you over to the calendar:
- The Barrel-Aged Series kicks off with the 2019/2020 release of KBS Espresso – the first variant of KBS – which will have availability into February 2020. The original KBS will return in February as a Year-Round release. Más Agave (May – July) and Underground Mountain Brown (September – October) are both scheduled to return in 2020. Founders plans to add two new yet-to-be-named offerings to the series during the year – one of which will be a Más Agave variant.
- The brewery’s Year-Round lineup will see the addition of Unraveled IPA in February. Unraveled IPA is an “incredibly flavorful and aromatic” Juicy India Pale Ale “dry hopped with traditional hop pellets along with lupulin powder, an innovative hop product that separates lupulin from the hop flower.” ABV – 6.6% IBUS – 50
- Centennial IPA will get some new packaging options in 2020. Look for this Year-Round to have availability in 19.2 oz. cans and 6-packs of 12 oz. cans beginning in February 2020.
- 4 Giants IPA, “a mashup of [the brewery’s] four favorite imperial IPAs,” will be available April through June 2020 as a part of the Limited Series.
- Speaking of the Limited Series, Frangelic Mountain Brown (January – March), Green Zebra (May – August), and Harvest Ale (October) are all scheduled to return. Founders plans to also add two yet-to-be-named offerings to the series in 2020.
- The Mothership Series, the brewery’s “ultra-limited, brew team favorite beers only found at [Founders] taproom locations,” will kick off with the return of Devil Dancer on January 22. Founders plans to release five more Mothership Series offerings throughout the year.
- The brewery will launch the MI-Exclusive Series in 2020 with the March release of Red’s Rye IPA in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans. As you may have already guessed, the MI-Exclusive Series will see exclusive distribution in Founders Brewing Co.’s home state of Michigan.
That should just about cover all the points we wanted to go over, but there is still a good amount of info left for you to discover on the calendar below. Give it a good look and start getting excited about all the tasty brews headed your way from Founders Brewing Co in 2020. Prost!
All set for next year, Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan) has officially released a 2018 Availability Calendar that is absolutely loaded with new brews, old favorites, and updated packing options.
Just as we always do with all release calendars, Founders Brewing Co.’s full 2018 Availability Calendar is posted below for you to look over at your own pace. Before we turn you loose, there are a few things on that calendar that we are just dying to point out . . . so let’s knock that out real fast:
- Breakfast Stout and Backwoods Bastard will be available year-round in 2018. Yeah, you read that correctly! Breakfast Stout should seamlessly shift into year-round availability through the New Year while Backwoods Bastard will resurface in late-March to early-April to begin its year-round status.
- Although the calendar does not mention this, Founders Brewing Co. will be offering Solid Gold, All Day IPA, Rubaeus and all of its Seasonal beers, which include Mosaic Promise, Azacca IPA and PC Pils, in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans in 2018.
- Double Trouble Imperial IPA will return as a Limited Release in 2018. It will be available from late-May to July in 4-packs of 12oz bottles across all 46 states that currently comprise the distribution area for Founders Brewing.
- The Barrel-Aged Series will return in 2018 with KBS (April) and four new releases. Details about the yet-to-be-named beers will be released throughout the year.
- Founders is launching a “brand new taproom carryout series called the ‘Mothership Series’. These beers will range from classics like the inaugural release, Red’s Rye IPA, to experimental new styles. They will only be available for carryout in 6-pack bottles at [all Founders Brewing Co.] taproom locations.”
- Finally . . . a bit of bad news: Founders will say “goodbye to some favorites, like Imperial Stout, Curmudgeon and reDANKulous” in 2018. Since the brewery is known to regularly bring back old favorites (see Double Trouble & Red’s Rye IPA above), it assures that this is more of an “until we meet again” scenario.
Alright, that’s a wrap on all that we wanted to cover. Be sure to check out the full calendar below so that you can properly prepare for an amazing 2018 with Founders Brewing Co. Prost!