Brewery release calendar season is in full effect and this week we are here to provide you with a peek at the 2020 Beer Release Calendar from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery (Milton, Delaware).
Just as we do with all beer calendars around here, we have posted Dogfish Head’s 2020 Beer Release Calendar below for you to peruse at your own convenience. With that said, Dogfish Head has quite a bit in store for 2020 and there are few items that we feel need some special attention . . . so let’s get at it:
- Dogfish Head intends to go big in 2020. Like incredibly big. The brewery plans to “release more than 160 unique products! From a lineup of regional and national beers and scratch-made distilled spirits, to the ever-expanding list of exclusive libations available only at [its] coastal Delaware properties, Dogfish drinkers both near and far can eagerly anticipate the new year to be chock full of off-centered goodness.” **A large amount of these numerous releases will be regional or exclusive to Dogfish Head properties, so be sure to keep an eye on the brewery’s social media accounts for release updates throughout the year.**
- The brewery’s Year-Round lineup will see the addition of American Beauty Hazy Ripple IPA. Inspired by the Grateful Dead’s beloved “American Beauty” album, American Beauty Hazy Ripple IPA is an unfiltered India Pale Ale brewed with spelt – an ancient heirloom grain that contributes earthy notes and a natural haze – that’s then dosed with a special yeast variety to accentuate hop aromatics. ABV – 7% IBUs – 35
- Dogfish Head’s Off-Centered Art Series will feature two new releases in 2020: Sun-Day-Feels (May – August), a brunch-inspired, beermosa sour brewed with puréed peaches, wine grapes and a medley of citrus fruit; and Campfire Amplifier (November – December), a s’mores-centric milk stout brewed with marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate and a touch of smoked malt. The Perfect Disguise Double IPA (February – April) and Punkin Ale (mid-August – November) will both return to round out the series.
- The Occasionals Series will see the addition of Vibrant P’Ocean in February. This new offering is “a blended sour brewed in collaboration with Rodenbach Brewery that boasts tart, dry flavors of jammy berries and floral lemon.” Vibrant P’Ocean will be available through May 2020.
- Costumes & Karaoke – a complex oat cream ale brewed with turmeric, ginger, yellow cardamom, cinnamon and smoked star anise, and aged on Madagascar vanilla beans – will also join Dogfish Head’s Occasionals Series in November 2020.
- With all this good news, some bad is sure to follow. In order to make room for all these new releases, brews like Namaste, Burton Baton, 75 Minute IPA and Wood-Aged Bitches Brew will not be available in 2020. Not to worry though . . . Dogfish Head reassures that this is “more of a ‘see you later,’ rather than ‘goodbye.'”
“The announcement of our yearly lineup of releases is always one of my favorite moments of the year, especially since it includes so many creative and still-to-be invented offerings,” says Dogfish Head founder Sam Calagione. “While our calendar of nationally-distributed brands is ready to roll, many of our regional and local releases remain in ideation. This allows our talented brewers and distillers, and me, the flexibility to quickly consider whims, hunches, artistic trends and the following of our collective muse to inform our creative journey.”
Those are just a few of the highlights, but there is still plenty of information waiting for you on the calendar below. Give it a look and get ready for the incredible year of off-centered brews headed your way in 2020. Prost!