Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan) has officially announced that Blushing Monk will return as a Limited Series release on January 4.
Originally created by the brewers at Founders to serve as “a nod to the ancient monastic art of brewing”, the occasionally released, fan-favorite Blushing Monk is a Belgian-style Ale brewed with “a ridiculous amount of raspberries” and fermented with a Belgian yeast strain. These two featured ingredients beautifully unite as “fruit-forward ferment aromas and spice esters combine with . . . a tart and luscious, raspberry-jam character.” Coming in at 9.2% ABV, you can consider Blushing Monk to be “Rubaeus’ older sibling – more intense, slightly larger and just a little bit more mature.”
Blushing Monk will officially release on January 4 and is scheduled to hang around through March 2019. You can expect to find this Limited Release available in 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles and on draft at select craft beer establishments located in Alabama, Florida, Michigan and throughout the rest of Founders Brewing Co.’s distribution territory. Prost!
Vital Information for Blushing Monk from Founders Brewing Co.
Release – Limited; January 2019 – March 2019
Style – Fruit Beer
ABV – 9.2%
IBUs – 20
Added Ingredients – Raspberries
Availability – 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles & draft
Beer Finder – https://foundersbrewing.com/beer/find-our-beer/
Brewery release calendar season is upon us once again, and Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan) has stepped forward this week to reveal a 2019 Availability Calendar that is sure to get quite a few of its loyal fans rather excited.
Just as we have done in previous years with release calendars, we have posted Founders Brewing Co.’s full 2019 Availability Calendar below for you to go over at your own speed. It is pretty self-explanatory, but there are a few pieces of news that we need to pass along before we set you loose on that calendar:
- The Barrel-Aged Series will return in 2019 with five releases. Backwoods Bastard (Year-Round), KBS (late March/April 2019) and CBS (November 2019) have all been confirmed and two other releases will be named later in the year.
- Founders will begin offering All Day IPA in 12-packs of 12 oz. bottles in late January/early February 2019. All Day IPA will continue to be available in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans, 19.2 oz. cans, 15-packs of 12 oz. cans, 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles and on draft. All these formats will be available across the brewery’s entire distribution footprint.
- The brewery will also begin offering Solid Gold Premium Lager in 12-packs of 12 oz. cans in late January/early February 2019. This new packaging format will replace 15-packs of Solid Gold. This Year-Round offering will also be available in 24-packs of 12 oz. cans, 12-packs of 12 oz. bottles and 19.2 oz. cans.
- Blushing Monk, a Belgian-style Ale fermented with pure raspberries, will make a triumphant comeback in January 2019 as a part of Founders Brewing Co.’s Limited Series. This time around it will be available in 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles.
- The voice of the people has been heard and Founders Brewing Co. will bring its fan-favorite Imperial Stout out of retirement for a limited time in December 2019. Imperial Stout will be a Limited Series release available in 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles.
Ok . . . that should pretty much cover everything we needed to go over, but there are still a few things left for you to discover on the calendar below. Check it out and start getting yourself prepared for another great year of beer with Founders Brewing Co. in 2019. Prost!