Brewery release calendar season is upon us once again, and Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan) has stepped forward this week to reveal a 2019 Availability Calendar that is sure to get quite a few of its loyal fans rather excited.
Just as we have done in previous years with release calendars, we have posted Founders Brewing Co.’s full 2019 Availability Calendar below for you to go over at your own speed. It is pretty self-explanatory, but there are a few pieces of news that we need to pass along before we set you loose on that calendar:
- The Barrel-Aged Series will return in 2019 with five releases. Backwoods Bastard (Year-Round), KBS (late March/April 2019) and CBS (November 2019) have all been confirmed and two other releases will be named later in the year.
- Founders will begin offering All Day IPA in 12-packs of 12 oz. bottles in late January/early February 2019. All Day IPA will continue to be available in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans, 19.2 oz. cans, 15-packs of 12 oz. cans, 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles and on draft. All these formats will be available across the brewery’s entire distribution footprint.
- The brewery will also begin offering Solid Gold Premium Lager in 12-packs of 12 oz. cans in late January/early February 2019. This new packaging format will replace 15-packs of Solid Gold. This Year-Round offering will also be available in 24-packs of 12 oz. cans, 12-packs of 12 oz. bottles and 19.2 oz. cans.
- Blushing Monk, a Belgian-style Ale fermented with pure raspberries, will make a triumphant comeback in January 2019 as a part of Founders Brewing Co.’s Limited Series. This time around it will be available in 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles.
- The voice of the people has been heard and Founders Brewing Co. will bring its fan-favorite Imperial Stout out of retirement for a limited time in December 2019. Imperial Stout will be a Limited Series release available in 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles.
Ok . . . that should pretty much cover everything we needed to go over, but there are still a few things left for you to discover on the calendar below. Check it out and start getting yourself prepared for another great year of beer with Founders Brewing Co. in 2019. Prost!
All set for next year, Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan) has officially released a 2018 Availability Calendar that is absolutely loaded with new brews, old favorites, and updated packing options.
Just as we always do with all release calendars, Founders Brewing Co.’s full 2018 Availability Calendar is posted below for you to look over at your own pace. Before we turn you loose, there are a few things on that calendar that we are just dying to point out . . . so let’s knock that out real fast:
- Breakfast Stout and Backwoods Bastard will be available year-round in 2018. Yeah, you read that correctly! Breakfast Stout should seamlessly shift into year-round availability through the New Year while Backwoods Bastard will resurface in late-March to early-April to begin its year-round status.
- Although the calendar does not mention this, Founders Brewing Co. will be offering Solid Gold, All Day IPA, Rubaeus and all of its Seasonal beers, which include Mosaic Promise, Azacca IPA and PC Pils, in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans in 2018.
- Double Trouble Imperial IPA will return as a Limited Release in 2018. It will be available from late-May to July in 4-packs of 12oz bottles across all 46 states that currently comprise the distribution area for Founders Brewing.
- The Barrel-Aged Series will return in 2018 with KBS (April) and four new releases. Details about the yet-to-be-named beers will be released throughout the year.
- Founders is launching a “brand new taproom carryout series called the ‘Mothership Series’. These beers will range from classics like the inaugural release, Red’s Rye IPA, to experimental new styles. They will only be available for carryout in 6-pack bottles at [all Founders Brewing Co.] taproom locations.”
- Finally . . . a bit of bad news: Founders will say “goodbye to some favorites, like Imperial Stout, Curmudgeon and reDANKulous” in 2018. Since the brewery is known to regularly bring back old favorites (see Double Trouble & Red’s Rye IPA above), it assures that this is more of an “until we meet again” scenario.
Alright, that’s a wrap on all that we wanted to cover. Be sure to check out the full calendar below so that you can properly prepare for an amazing 2018 with Founders Brewing Co. Prost!
Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan) recently announced that Backwoods Bastard will officially return in mid-October as the next release in brewery’s Barrel-Aged Series.
Although this is the first year it is being released as a part of the brewery’s newly established Barrel-Aged Series, Backwoods Bastard returns as a well-respected veteran of the Founders Brewing Co. portfolio of limited releases. This fan-favorite offering is a Scotch Ale that has been Bourbon barrel-aged so that it may evoke “lovely, warm smells of single malt scotch, oaky bourbon barrels, smoke, sweet caramel and roasted malts, a bit of earthy spice and a scintilla of dark fruit.” Weighing in at an imposing 11.2% ABV, Backwoods Bastard is a slow-sipper that demands your respect.
This year’s batch of Backwoods Bastard will officially release in mid-October and be available while supplies last. You can expect to find this Limited Release offering in 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles, 750ml bottles (new this year) and on draft at select craft beer establishments located in Alabama, Florida, Michigan and throughout the rest of Founders Brewing Co.’s distribution network. Prost!
Vital Information for Backwoods Bastard from Founders Brewing Co.
Release – Limited/Barrel-Aged Series, mid-October 2017
Style – Scotch Ale
ABV – 11.2%
IBUs – 50
Treatment – Aged in oak Bourbon barrels
Availability – 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles, 750ml bottles & draft
Beer Finder – https://foundersbrewing.com/find-our-beer/
Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan) recently announced that the limited release Backwoods Bastard Ale Aged in Oak Bourbon Barrels has officially begun its annual roll out to distribution.
When you consider that this brew is one of the finest and most consistent examples of barrel-aged beer released each year, it is absolutely no surprise that Backwoods Bastard returns as an incredibly popular, fan-favorite offering from Founders Brewing Co. The brewery earned this acclaim by carefully aging this Scotch Ale in Bourbon barrels to achieve “a glorious combination of oak, bourbon heat, sweet caramel and roasted malts, a bit of earthy spice and a touch of dark fruit.” The finished beer clocks in as an 11.2% ABV sipper that is the perfect nightcap to enjoy after a long, cold winter’s day.
Backwoods Bastard has started rolling out to distribution now and will be available in Alabama, Florida and throughout the full distribution footprint of Founders Brewing Co. by the middle of November. This limited release offering can be found at fine craft beer establishments on draft and in 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles. Considering the celebrated status of this brew and the craft beer community’s current obsession with Bourbon barrel-aged beers, you can expect Backwoods Bastard to move quickly once it hits store shelves. Take heed of this warning, hit up your local beer store whenever you can, and stock up now to ensure you have an adequate stash to enjoy all winter long. Prost!
Vital Information for Backwoods Bastard Ale Aged in Oak Bourbon Barrels from Founders Brewing Co.
Release – Limited, November 2016
Style – Scotch Ale, Bourbon Barrel-aged
ABV – 11.2%
IBUs – 50
Availability – 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles & draft
Beer Finder – https://foundersbrewing.com/find-our-beer/