Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan) has officially announced that it will successfully complete full nationwide coverage when it launches distribution in Hawaii in late July 2019.
Now that Founders Brewing Co. has entered into a partnership with Odom Hawaii of the Odom Group and the GAB network of wholesalers, Hawaii now marks the 22 year-old-brewery’s 50th state of distribution. To properly introduce themselves to the beer-loving masses in Hawaii and celebrate the achievement of reaching total U.S. distribution, Founders will enter the Aloha State with the following offerings (descriptions sourced directly from the brewery’s website):
- All Day IPA – The beer you’ve been waiting for. Keeps your taste satisfied while keeping your senses sharp. An all-day IPA naturally brewed with a complex array of malts, grains and hops. Balanced for optimal aromatics and a clean finish. The perfect reward for an honest day’s work and the ultimate companion to celebrate life’s simple pleasures. ABV – 4.7% IBUs – 42)
- Solid Gold – Our brewery was built on an attitude of no regrets. An attitude of taking risks to bring the best beer possible to our fellow renegades and rebels. Never brewing to style, but always brewing what we want to drink. Our take on a classic, Solid Gold is a drinkable premium lager brewed with the highest quality ingredients. Challenging what a lager can be? That’s something we won’t regret. ABV – 4.4% IBUs – 20
- Rubaeus – Optimizing the flavor of fresh raspberries, Rubaeus is Founders’ way of celebrating the joys of summer year-round. This stunning berry-red masterpiece is the perfect blend of sweet, tart and refreshing. No question about it, this beer is 100% Founders. ABV – 5.7% IBUs – 15
- Breakfast Stout – The coffee lover’s consummate beer. Brewed with an abundance of flaked oats, bitter and imported chocolates, and two types of coffee, this stout has an intense fresh-roasted java nose topped with a frothy, cinnamon-colored head that goes forever. ABV – 8.3% IBUs – 60
“My partner Dave and I are very excited to announce that Founders will be heading to Hawaii!” said Mike Stevens, CEO and Co-Founder of Founders Brewing Co. “It’s always a special time whenever we add a state of distribution and the fact that Hawaii is our 50th state makes it all the more worthy of celebration. It’s long been a dream of ours to see our beer across the US, and the fact that 22+ years later we’ve accomplished this is a testament to our Founders team and our amazing wholesaler partners. Tonight, we raise a glass to the Aloha state and thank everyone throughout America who’s helped us get to where we are today.”
“We’re thrilled to be a part of such a monumental milestone in the Founders Brewing Co. business,” said Vice President of Corporate Sales, Brandon Odom. “We value their partnership and are looking forward to the exciting times to come. Congratulations to Founders on the tremendous success of expanding their business across the entire United States. A truly well-deserved accomplishment!”
The beers listed above will be available on draft and in cans (as applicable) in Hawaii as early as late July 2019. Founders Brewing Company and Odom Hawaii also plan to host a series of launch events that “will be taking place as soon as the end of the month.” Prost!
Brewery release calendar season is upon us once again, and Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan) has stepped forward this week to reveal a 2019 Availability Calendar that is sure to get quite a few of its loyal fans rather excited.
Just as we have done in previous years with release calendars, we have posted Founders Brewing Co.’s full 2019 Availability Calendar below for you to go over at your own speed. It is pretty self-explanatory, but there are a few pieces of news that we need to pass along before we set you loose on that calendar:
- The Barrel-Aged Series will return in 2019 with five releases. Backwoods Bastard (Year-Round), KBS (late March/April 2019) and CBS (November 2019) have all been confirmed and two other releases will be named later in the year.
- Founders will begin offering All Day IPA in 12-packs of 12 oz. bottles in late January/early February 2019. All Day IPA will continue to be available in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans, 19.2 oz. cans, 15-packs of 12 oz. cans, 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles and on draft. All these formats will be available across the brewery’s entire distribution footprint.
- The brewery will also begin offering Solid Gold Premium Lager in 12-packs of 12 oz. cans in late January/early February 2019. This new packaging format will replace 15-packs of Solid Gold. This Year-Round offering will also be available in 24-packs of 12 oz. cans, 12-packs of 12 oz. bottles and 19.2 oz. cans.
- Blushing Monk, a Belgian-style Ale fermented with pure raspberries, will make a triumphant comeback in January 2019 as a part of Founders Brewing Co.’s Limited Series. This time around it will be available in 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles.
- The voice of the people has been heard and Founders Brewing Co. will bring its fan-favorite Imperial Stout out of retirement for a limited time in December 2019. Imperial Stout will be a Limited Series release available in 4-packs of 12 oz. bottles.
Ok . . . that should pretty much cover everything we needed to go over, but there are still a few things left for you to discover on the calendar below. Check it out and start getting yourself prepared for another great year of beer with Founders Brewing Co. in 2019. Prost!
Founders Brewing Co. (Grand Rapids, Michigan) has announced that Solid Gold Premium Lager, the brewery’s newest Year-Round offering, will officially release on March 1.
Arriving as a revamped take on a Founders taproom classic by the same name, Solid Gold is a beautiful non-filtered, golden Lager that has been created especially “for sessionable drinking.” A recipe featuring lager yeast, corn and lemondrop hops yields a refreshing Solid Gold (4.4% ABV) that is meant to “appeal to classic lager drinkers but adds a craft character, to balance natural sweetness with a touch of citrus.”
“We built Founders on an attitude of no regrets,” shares Mike Stevens, Co-Founder and CEO of Founders. “An attitude of taking risks to bring the best beer possible to our fellow renegades and rebels. Never brewing to style, but always brewing what we want to drink. Our take on a classic, Solid Gold is a drinkable golden lager brewed with the highest quality ingredients. Challenging what a lager can be? That’s something we won’t regret.”
Solid Gold will launch exclusively in cans – the first Founders Year-Round release to do so – on March 1. You can expect to find this new Year-Round available in 6-packs of 12 oz. cans (suggested retail price of $7.99), 15-packs of 12 oz. cans (suggested retail price of $14.99) and on draft at craft beer friendly establishments located in Alabama, Florida, Michigan and throughout the rest of Founders Brewing Co.’s distribution network. Prost!
Vital Information for Solid Gold Premium Lager from Founders Brewing Co.
Release – Year-Round, launching March 2018
Style – Lager
ABV – 4.4%
IBUs – 20
Featured Hops – Lemondrop
Availability – 6-packs of 12 oz. cans, 15-packs of 12 oz. cans & draft
Beer Finder – https://foundersbrewing.com/beer/find-our-beer/