Just when you thought it was over, the unrelenting beer calendar blitz sneaks back in at the end of the week with a look at the 2019 Release Schedule from Funky Buddha Brewery (Oakland Park, Florida).
As is the case with all beer calendars around here, we have published Funky Buddha’s full 2019 Release Schedule below for you to study whenever you happen to have a spare moment. With that said, we typically try to keep any highlights as brief as possible, but these will be a bit more lengthy due to the fact that Funky Buddha is seriously going all out this year by introducing a plethora of new offerings, beer series and packaging formats. These are all incredibly good things that you should be stoked to find out, so let’s get at it:
- Debuting in March, the Box of Buddhas Mixed 12-pack of 12 oz. cans will include “three each of Floridian, Hop Gun, and Vibin’; plus three cans of an exclusive rotating seasonal from memory lane that will not be available in any other packaging. I Want It Now! will be the first to hit the pack in Spring before bringing back Blueberry Cobbler and Sweet Potato Casserole as the year goes on.” Claiming the distinction of being Funky Buddha’s first ever variety 12-pack, The Box of Buddhas will be available Year-Round.
- Transitioning to 6-packs of 12 oz. cans in 2019, this year’s Goodness Series will include the following Seasonal releases: Cosmic Journey, a Hazy IPA with guava, papaya, and mosaic hops (February – May); Key Lime Pie Tart, a Berliner-style wheat ale with key lime juice, cinnamon, and vanilla (May – August); Bonita Applebum, an Apple pie-inspired brown ale with apples, cinnamon, and vanilla (August – October); and Last Snow, a Porter with coconut and coffee (October – December).
- 2019 will see the launch of Funky Buddha’s Mixology Series, a lineup of Limited Release offerings that “recreate classic cocktails by using alternate fermentables, natural ingredients, and barrel-aging techniques.” The 2019 Mixology Series will include Manhattan Double Rye Ale, a blend of Whiskey barrel-aged double rye ale and Wine barrel-aged Belgian ale with herbs and botanicals (February – May); Margarita Gose, a Tequila barrel-aged gose with agave nectar, lime juice, and sea salt (May – August); White Sangria Saison, a Chardonnay barrel-aged saison with grape must, apples, and peaches (August – October); and Zombie Ale, a Rum barrel-aged red ale with fruits and spices (October – January).
- Juicy Smalls, an East-side IPA with Denali, Mosaic and Amarillo hops, will join the Little Buddha Small Batch Series in June. This Limited Release brew will be packaged in 4-packs of 16 oz. cans.
- S’More To Love, a Smoked Porter with cacao nibs, cinnamon and vanilla, will turn up in September as another new Little Buddha Small Batch brew. This one will be available in single 16 oz. cans.
- The brewery’s Living Barrel Series will see a new addition in December: Mocha Smuggler, a Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Porter with cacao nibs, coffee, and vanilla. Mocha Smuggler – and all other Living Barrel Series releases in 2019 – will be packaged in 22 oz. bottles.
Alright . . . that’s everything that we wanted to gloss over, but there is still quite a bit of information left for you to discover on the calendar below. Give it a good look and settle in for another exciting year of beer with Funky Buddha Brewery in 2019. Prost!