DuClaw Brewing Co. (Baltimore, Maryland) has officially announced that it will begin the Limited Release of For Pete’s Sake! Imperial Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter in mid-November 2020.
Created to be a “blissful, full-bodied” take on DuClaw’s wildly popular Sweet Baby Jesus!, For Pete’s Sake! is an Imperial Porter that goes even bigger with the additions of chocolatey, peanut buttery goodness. Weighing in at 9% ABV, For Pete’s Sake! somehow goes next level by delivering “elevated peanut butter cup flavors.”
For Pete’s Sake! is scheduled to return in mid- to late November and will only be available as long as supplies last. You can expect to find this Limited Release available in 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles and on draft at select craft beer-focused establishments located in Alabama, Florida, Maryland and throughout the rest of DuClaw Brewing Co.’s distribution territory. Prost!
Vital Information for For Pete’s Sake! from DuClaw Brewing Co.
Release – Limited; November 2020
Style – Imperial Porter
ABV – 9%
IBUs – 45
Malts – Pale, Cara Munich, Chocolate, Black & Flaked Oats
Hops – Nugget & Galena
Availability – 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles & draft
Beer Finder – https://duclaw.com/beer-finder/
DuClaw Brewing Co. (Baltimore, Maryland) has officially announced that it has partnered with Advintage Distributing so that it can immediately begin distribution throughout the state of Tennessee.
Established in 1996, DuClaw Brewing Co. has since made a name for itself by “fearlessly innovating” and pushing the limits of what beer lovers expect from the craft beer industry. This clever approach has led the brewery to create a mind-blowing portfolio “including ‘Sweet Baby Jesus’ Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter, and its ‘Sour Me’ series including ‘Sour Me Unicorn Farts‘.” With the addition of Tennessee, DuClaw’s beers are now in 19 states across the Northeast, Southeast and Midwest U.S.
DuClaw Brewing Co. will enter the Tennessee market with offerings such as ‘Sweet Baby Jesus’ Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter, ‘Dirty Little Freak’ Coconut Caramel Chocolate Brown Ale, ‘Regular Beer’ Lager, ‘Haze Of Glory’ New England IPA, ‘Strawberry Letter 23’ Strawberry Tart IPA, ‘Apri-Caught Stealing’ Apricot Tart IPA, and ‘Sweet Baby Java’ Espresso Bean infused Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter.
“We’ve wanted to get our brews into the hands of Tennesseans for a while, so we’re very happy to announce our arrival,” said DuClaw Founder Dave Benfield. “It’s been a strong start, and we’re looking forward to building on that momentum.”
With the assistance of Advintage Distributing, DuClaw Brewing Co. is rolling out in Tennessee now. You can expect to find DuClaw offerings at craft beer-friendly retailers, bars and restaurants located throughout the state. Prost!
DuClaw Brewing Co. (Bel Air, Maryland) has partnered with International Wines & Craft Beer in Alabama and AB Beverage in Georgia so that it can begin distribution in those states immediately.
Established as a brewpub in Bel Air, Maryland in 1996, DuClaw Brewing Co. hit the scene wanting to be “known for its cleverly crafted beers, depth of flavor and irreverent personality.” Those three attributes have proven to be quite the formula for success as the brewery has since gone on to earn “more than 60 awards” and establish a portfolio boasting “more than 30 distinguished microbrews.” The brewery’s popularity absolutely exploded on a national level with the release of Sweet Baby Jesus Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter in 2011. Thanks to stellar reviews spread by the brewery’s fans and a Bronze Medal finish at the 2014 Great American Beer Festival (Chocolate Beer Category), Sweet Baby Jesus has acted as a catalyst for the brewery to steadily expand distribution to get their innovative, unique offerings into the hands of more and more craft beer fans. With the addition of Alabama and Georgia, DuClaw Brewing Co.’s U.S. distribution now amounts to 19 states across the Northeast and Southeast.
“Alabama and The Peach State are two that have been knocking on our door for awhile, and it got to a point where we knew it was time,” said DuClaw Founder and President Dave Benfield. “The response has been unreal. It’s been really fun to recognize this demand, finally bring DuClaw into these markets, and then hear such positive feedback. This is why I am in the business!”
DuClaw will launch distribution in Alabama and Georgia with Sweet Baby Jesus and “a full lineup of clever and well-crafted . . . craft beers” that will include Sour Me Peach Sherbet, Dirty Little Freak, The PastryArchy Pumpkin Spice, and Rule of Three Double IPA. The full descriptions for these beers are as follows:
- Sweet Baby Jesus | Year-Round – First brewed in 2011, this GABF bronze medal winning Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter is jet black in color with a tan, rocky head, full body, and creamy, luxurious mouthfeel. Its lightly sweet, malty flavor is accented by rich flavors of chocolate, coffee, and peanut butter, balanced by a subtle hop character and a moderate 6.2% ABV. Sweet Baby Jesus finishes smooth, dry, and roasty with lingering notes of chocolate and peanut butter so savory, you will exclaim its name! ABV – 6.2% IBUs – 33
- Sour Me Peach Sherbet | Limited Release – Sour Me Peach Sherbet mixes the inherent mouth puckering flavors of the brew with big peach notes & a creamy fuller body for a perfect blend of tart and sweet. ABV – 5.5% IBUs – 10
- Dirty Little Freak | Year-Round- Dirty Little Freak Coconut Caramel Chocolate Brown Ale, first brewed in 2014, takes the traditional American Brown Ale and gives it a sensual new twist – Coconut! This medium-bodied, 5.8% ABV brown ale is a feast for the senses from its dominant blend of warm, roasted malt, coconut, caramel, and chocolate flavors barely restrained by a gentle hop bite, to its tantalizingly satisfying finish. ABV – 5.8% IBUs – 30
- The PastryArchy Pumpkin Spice | Limited Release – A dark, decadent, dessert stout with additions of pumpkin & seasonal spices for a rich and savory experience. ABV – 8.5% IBUs – 31
- The Rule of 3 Double IPA | Limited Release – As our third 16oz DIPA can release, we were compelled to obey the ‘Rule Of Three’ by triple dry hopping with three varieties of hops: Centennial hops, Citra Lupulin Powder, and Simcoe Lupulin Powder. The trio results in a golden balance between citrus & passion fruit, earthiness & pine, and berry & melon. Would order multiple pints, probably like 3. ABV – 8.8% IBUs – 34.8
The beers listed above are rolling out now in all areas regularly serviced by International Wines & Craft Beer in Alabama and AB Beverage in Georgia. Look for all these beers to be available on draft and in their respective packaging format. Prost!
Just a few weeks ago, Cavalier Distributing (Lakeland, Florida) held a fantastic and informative trade show at The Vault, a beautiful venue located in the heart of Tampa’s Downtown Arts District. Cavalier used this industry-only event as an opportunity to introduce the area’s restaurants, bars, retailers, and media members to their vast portfolio of fine craft beers, meads, ciders and spirits. The best way to capture all that this event had to offer was through a visual medium, so check out the photos below (click to enlarge) so that you too can get the inside scoop on the exciting beverages headed our way this year from Cavalier Distributing. Prost!
Constructed in 1923 as The Exchange National Bank, The Vault is now a unique and versatile venue located in the heart of Tampa’s Downtown Arts District.
Driftwood Brewery (Victoria, British Columbia) was on hand to showcase their Fat Tug IPA, an intense Northwest-style India Pale Ale brewed with the hop aficionado in mind.
New to the area, Forbidden Root sampled their line of botanical-themed offerings: Sublime Ginger, Money on My Rind, & Wildflower Pale Ale (WPA).
Blavod, the original Black Vodka, was on hand to create beautiful and inventive cocktails for attendees.
M.I.A. Beer Company (Doral, Florida) brought their core lineup along with several small-batch and limited brews.
View of a happy crowd from above.
Duclaw Brewing Co. (Baltimore, Maryland) treated the crowd to tastes of decadent ales like Sweet Baby Jesus! Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter and Dirty Little Freak Coconut Caramel Chocolate Brown Ale.
The beautiful Farmhouse Ales of Blackberry Farm Brewery (Walland, Tennessee) were in attendance.
The folks at B. Nektar (Ferndale, Michigan) were nice enough to share bottles of Episode 13 Mead Aged in Bourbon Barrels alongside several other beautiful meads.
Crafted Artisan Meadery (Akron, Ohio) dazzled taste buds with Jinja Dragon, a Honey Wine dosed with “generous additions of hibiscus and ginger with a touch of black peppercorn.”
Harris Meadery (Orange Park, Florida) absolutely nailed their Key Lime Pie Mead.
We can’t think of anything more awesome than a bandolier of Underberg.
The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery (Farmville, North Carolina), the Dark Beer Specialist, poured up their classic Milk Stout alongside Hoppy Bunny American Black Ale.
Maeloc Hard Cider, a cidery from Galicia, Spain, will soon be hitting the area with their line of delicious ciders.
Town Branch Distillery, an extension of Alltech Lexington Brewing & Distilling Co. (Lexington, Kentucky) sampled their line of spirits: Town Branch Bourbon (pictured), Pearse Lyons Reserve, and Town Branch Rye.
Shmaltz Brewing Company (Clifton Park, New York) discussed and shared their Year-Round brews with attendees.
Maui Brewing Co. (Kihei, Hawaii) brought the Aloha spirit to the trade show.
Good times were found throughout the event.
Key West Distilling (Key West, Florida) broke out a full array of rums along with their Spyglass Vodka.
Nothing but quality on ice here, but the Grevensteiner from C. & A. Veltins was a delightful treat.
The eye-catching can artwork of Central 28 Beer Company (DeBary, Florida).
Original Sin (New York, New York) Extra Dry and Elderberry Cider.
New Planet Brewery (Boulder, Colorado) supplied some gluten-free goodies.
Beyond their delicious brews, Heavy Seas Beer (Baltimore, Maryland) came to the trade show prepared with a full-sized skeleton and hook for their display.
Alltech Lexington Brewing & Distilling Co. (Lexington, Kentucky) also shared their wildly popular Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.
Two Brothers Artisan Brewing (Chicago, Illinois) Pinball Juicy Hop Pale Ale and In the Flesh American Sour Ale Brewed with Real Peaches.
DuClaw Brewing Co. (Baltimore, Maryland) announced this week that the brewery has signed with Cavalier Distributing (Lakeland, Florida) to expand its distribution area to now include the state of Florida.
Founded in 1996, DuClaw Brewing Co. quickly established itself with Baltimore locals by being named “Bel Air’s hippest establishment” within a year of opening and has been making Maryland craft beer “cool” ever since. The brewery’s popularity absolutely exploded on a national level with the release of Sweet Baby Jesus Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter in 2011. Thanks to stellar reviews spread by the brewery’s fans and a Bronze Medal finish at the 2014 Great American Beer Festival (Chocolate Beer Category), Sweet Baby Jesus has acted as a catalyst for the brewery to steadily expand distribution to get their innovative, unique offerings into the hands of more and more craft beer fans.
The extended reach of DuClaw Brewing Co. has finally come to embrace the craft beer community in Florida, and the brewery will officially launch in the state with the following four offerings:
- Blood Orange Neon Gypsy IPA – “The first foray into our Hop Continuum Series, our flagship IPA infused with blood orange juice, proved so popular that it transcended the series to stand on its own outside as a worthy companion to the original Neon Gypsy. Notes of grapefruit, citrus, and pine from a blend of seven hops balances the tart sweetness of blood orange juice for a flavor profile that roams your palate long after the beer’s bittersweet finish.” ABV – 6.5% IBUs – 55
- Dirty Little Freak – “Dirty Little Freak Coconut Caramel Chocolate Brown Ale, first brewed in 2014, takes the traditional American Brown Ale and gives it a sensual new twist – Coconut! This medium-bodied, 5.8% ABV brown ale is a feast for the senses from its dominant blend of warm, roasted malt, coconut, caramel, and chocolate flavors barely restrained by a gentle hop bite, to its tantalizingly satisfying finish. But if you submit to our Dirty Little Freak, be warned: there is no safe word.” ABV – 5.8% IBUs – 30
- Funk Blueberry Citrus Wheat – “The traditional American Wheat Ale serves as a solid baseline, but we couldn’t be content until we tore the roof off this sucker! Funk, our Blueberry Citrus Wheat Ale, sets the rhythm with a soulful fusion of American wheat and hops, before unleashing a stunning encore with big notes of blueberry and Meyer lemon. It’s no jive, you’ll just dig it!” ABV – 5% IBUs – 16
- Sweet Baby Jesus Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter – “First brewed in 2011, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter is jet black in color with a tan, rocky head, full body and creamy, luxurious mouthfeel. Its lightly sweet, malty flavor is accented by rich flavors of chocolate, coffee and peanut butter, and balanced by a subtle hop character and moderate 6.2% abv. Sweet Baby Jesus finishes smooth, dry, and roasty with lingering notes of chocolate and peanut butter so savory, you will exclaim its name!” ABV – 6.2% IBUs – 33
“I’ve visited Florida regularly for years, and now I’m finally going to be able to pickup a six pack of our beer in the local store,” said DuClaw Founder Dave Benfield. “I’ve seen first hand how strong the Florida craft beer community is, and they’ve been very vocal in letting us know that they want our beer, especially since our 2014 collaboration with Cigar City. It’s rewarding to finally be able to share our brews with the craft beer lovers of Florida.”
The offerings above will be available in 12 oz. bottles and on draft at launch, and the brewery will introduce “many seasonal and limited release beers to the market throughout the year.” Distribution responsibilities in Florida will be handled by Cavalier Distributing, and you can visit the distributor’s website and social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter) to keep track of any launch events that they are planning. Give the events a look, pencil in one – or many – on your calendar, and be sure to give DuClaw Brewing Co. a proper welcome to the Florida craft beer community in the coming weeks. Prost!