On Thursday, March 7 at 9 a.m., Hidden Springs Ale Works (Tampa, Florida) will hit Tampa Bay Beer Week with a bottle release of the highly-coveted Double Barrel Fluffer Nutter Black Aggie Imperial Stout.
Far more menacing than its name would lead you to believe, Double Barrel Fluffer Nutter Black Aggie is a Bourbon and Rye Whiskey barrel-aged Imperial Stout that has embraced the unholy alliance that is peanut butter and marshmallow. Weighing in at sinister 13% ABV, Double Barrel Fluffer Nutter Black Aggie will have you succumbing to the darkness in no time.
The Double Barrel Fluffer Nutter Black Aggie bottle release will take place at Hidden Springs Ale Works (1631 N. Franklin St. | Tampa, Florida) at 9 a.m. on Thursday, March 7. Bottles will be $30 each and the brewery will announce the bottle limit 15 minutes before opening. Cash is preferred, but cards will be accepted.
A couple things to keep in mind if you plan to attend this bottle release:
- Double Barrel Fluffer Nutter Black Aggie will only be available in bottles, no draft
- Once doors open at 9 a.m., the Hidden Springs Tasting Room will stay open for service
- Parking – Remember to park in Hidden Springs’ lot directly across the street, or on the street up and down Franklin, on Henderson just west of Tampa, or on 7th Ave.
- Once you are in line, make sure that you hug the wall so that foot traffic will not be affected on the sidewalks
- Above all, please be respectful of the brewery’s neighbors. This is a weekday release and local businesses will be open
Since this is Tampa Bay Beer Week and there will be no shortage of stout-lovin’ beer enthusiasts in town, Double Barrel Fluffer Nutter Black Aggie is guaranteed to sell out rather quickly. If you are hoping to land a bottle, just make sure that you get to Hidden Springs good and early on March 7 and hope that the beer gods shine on you when the official head count is conducted. Best of luck out there. Prost!