Hidden Springs Ale Works (Tampa, Florida) has officially announced that it will hold a Limited Bottle Release for Moby Thicc, a Barrel-aged Imperial Stout brewed in collaboration with 3 Sons Brewing Company (Dania Beach, Florida), in its tasting room on Saturday, December 7.
Specifically created for the most seasoned white whale hunters out there in the craft beer community, Moby Thicc is a Barrel-aged Imperial Stout featuring toasted coconut, chocolate and almonds. Weighing in at a massive 13% ABV, Moby Thicc promises to offer an experience similar to an Almond Joy.
The bottle release for Moby Thicc will take place at Hidden Springs Ale Works (1631 N. Franklin St. | Tampa, Florida) at 11 a.m. on Saturday, December 7. 22 oz. bottles of Moby Thiccc will cost $30 each and the brewery will announce the bottle limit 15 minutes prior to opening. Cash is preferred, but cards will be accepted.
A few things to keep in mind if you plan to attend this bottle release:
- Parking is available up and down Franklin St., on Henderson just west of Tampa, and on 7th Ave. There are also paid lots located across the street from the brewery and under the I-275 overpass
- Once you are in line, make sure that you hug the wall near the door on Henderson so that foot traffic will not be affected on the sidewalks
- Above all, please be respectful of the brewery’s neighbors and be sure that you pick up after yourself
Moby Thiccc is a brewery exclusive release and will not see distribution. Like all white whales worth hunting, Moby Thiccc will be elusive and disappear just as quickly as it appears. If you wish to get your hands on a bottle of this beast, just make sure that you are in line by the final head count on Saturday morning. Prost!
Vital Information for Moby Thiccc from Hidden Springs Ale Works & 3 Sons Brewing Company
Release – Limited; December 7, 2019
Style – Imperial Stout
ABV – 13%
IBUs – 20
Added Ingredients – Toasted coconut, chocolate & almonds
Treatment – Barrel-aged
Availability – 22 oz. bottles
Distribution – None. Brewery exclusive release
3 Sons Brewing Company (Dania Beach, Florida) has officially announced that it will hold a Limited Bottle Release for Vanilla Big Sxxxy at the brewery on Sunday, December 8.
Arriving as the latest variant of 3 Sons Brewing Co.’s Big Sxxxy Barrel-aged Barleywine, Vanilla Big Sxxxy is an English-style Barleywine that has aged in vanilla bourbon barrels for 22 months. This treatment results in a “creamy, thic and rich” Vanilla Big Sxxxy that supplies an experience that the brewery describes as “liquid caramel bourbon, crème brûlée,”
Vanilla Big Sxxxy will officially release in the taproom at 3 Sons Brewing Company (236 N Federal Hwy Suite 104 | Dania Beach, Florida) at noon on Sunday, December 8. This Limited Release offering will be available in 375ml bottles for the cost $24 each (limit of two bottles per person). 3 Sons Brewing Company will also have a limited amount of Big Sxxxy branded glassware available during the release for $10 each (limit of one glass per person). Vanilla Big Sxxxy is a brewery exclusive release that will not see distribution. Prost!
Vital Information for Vanilla Big Sxxxy from 3 Sons Brewing Company
Release – Limited; December 8, 2019
Style – English-style Barleywine
ABV – ???
Treatment – Aged for 22 months in vanilla bourbon barrels
Availability – 375ml bottles ($24 each, limit of two bottles per person)
Distribution – None. Brewery exclusive release
3 Sons Brewing Company (Dania Beach, Florida) has officially announced that it will be traveling the state of Florida to hold a series of Tap Takeover and Can Release events from Wednesday, June 12 to Sunday, June 16.
Now that their brewery and taproom are both fully operational, the good people at 3 Sons Brewing Company feel that it is now time to properly introduce themselves to the craft beer-loving masses of Florida. They will be doing this by hitting up a few “neighborhood brewery spots, and bringing along some cans of deliciousness as well as a few special beers to tap.”
All of these Florida Tour events will feature can releases of the brewery’s Dopealicious IPA, Doc Hop IPA, Green Ocean Session IPA, and Ocean Park Pils (“for the #crispybois”). Although the can releases will be the same, each location’s event will feature its own vibe and a Tap Takeover consisting of its own unique tap list. The full schedule for 3 Sons Brewing Company’s Florida Tour is as follows (event descriptions sourced directly from the brewery’s newsletter):
- Wednesday, June 12 | Boxelder Craft Beer Market | Miami, Florida – Stop by Boxelder in Miami on June 12th, and pick up a few 4-packs of our beers to go. We’ll also be tapping our newest releases, Rice Crispy Bois Pilsner, DDH Galactic Space Juice DIPA, and a special keg of DB Base Nectar! Be there or be square.
- Thursday, June 13 | MIA Beer Company | Doral, Florida – On Thursday, we’ll be making our way out to our second stop at MIA Beer Co. Our cans will be readily available for purchase, as well as a tapping of our newest releases, Rice Crispy Bois Pilsner, DDH Galactic Space Juice DIPA, and DB Base Nectar! Run, don’t walk, because those beers will be gone before you know it!
- Friday, June 14 | Hidden Springs Ale Works | Tampa, Florida – On Friday we’ll be bringing the heat to Hidden Springs in Tampa! Our cans will be available for purchase, but our tap takeover will be difficult to beat. In addition to Rice Crispy Bois Pils, DDH Galactic Space Juice DIPA, Guava Acres, and DB Base Nectar, we’ll be sending our newest barrel aged stout treated with Brazilian Coffee, The Wolf. It’s gonna be a howlin’ good time!
- Saturday, June 15 | Hawthorne Bottle Shoppe | St. Petersburg, Florida – On Saturday we’ll be visiting our good friends at Hawthorne Bottle Shoppe in St. Petersburg! Once again, our cans will be available for purchase and they’ll be tapping our newest beers Rice Crispy Bois Pils and DDH Galactic Space Juice DIPA. AND in addition to that heat, they’ll be tapping a special keg of Barrel Aged Imperial Scoop! Don’t sleep on this one!
- Sunday, June 16 | Union Beer Store | Miami, Florida – We wrap up our extravaganza of a tour on Sunday at Union Beer Store in Miami. Our cans will be cold and readily available. We’ll be tapping Rice Crispy Bois for the #crispybois and DDH Galactic Space Juice DIPA for the #hazybois. #Pastrybois, we didn’t forget about you! We’ll also be tapping Barrel aged Irish Winter, one of our personal faves.
If you happen to be anywhere near one of the Florida Tour locations this week, be sure to swing by so that you can raise a glass with the 3 Sons Brewing Company crew, get to know them and their beers a little better, and secure some of their tasty canned brews while you have the chance. Prost!