On Thursday, March 7 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Willard’s Tap House (12500 Starkey Rd | Largo, Florida) will keep its series of Tampa Bay Beer Week (TBBW) events going by featuring a special Tap Takeover with Prairie Artisan Ales (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma).
If you did not happen to land tickets to Angry Chair’s Super Rad Rare Beer Event, fret not because there is another option out there for those seeking some big ol’, sticky stouts on Thursday evening. Willard’s Tap House is teaming up with the Sweet Stout veterans from Prairie Artisan Ales to bring you a special Tap Takeover featuring the following decadent treats:
- Bourbon Paradise – Imperial Bourbon Barrel-Aged Stout with Coconut & Vanilla (15.9% ABV)
- Vanilla Noir – Imperial Bourbon Barrel-Aged Stout with Vanilla Bean (12.5% ABV)
- Double Dunk – Imperial Stout with Oreo Cookies (13% ABV)
- Bible Belt – Collaboration Imperial Stout that takes elements from Prairie’s Bomb! and combines them with Evil Twin Brewing’s Even More Jesus (13% ABV)
- Hulk Hands – Dry-Hopped Gose featuring Falconer’s Flights & Cascade hops (5.4% ABV)
The Prairie Artisan Ales Tap Takeover will go from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, March 7. This is a come as you are, pay-as-you-go event, so no tickets are required. Just show up at Willard’s Tap House on Thursday evening and satisfy those nagging, TBBW-fueled stout cravings while raising a glass with the fine folks from Prairie Artisan Ales. Prost!
On Thursday, November 8 from 3 p.m. to close, the folks at Angry Chair Brewing (Tampa, Florida) will turn their taproom over to their friends from Westbrook Brewing Co. (Mount Pleasant, South Carolina) for a very special Tap Takeover that will honor the breweries’ most recent collaboration, ZOOSE JOOSE.
Not too long ago, a contingent of the Angry Chair crew ventured up to South Carolina to brew a collaboration beer with Westbrook Brewing, ZOOSE JOOSE – an Ambrosia Salad-inspired Berliner with lactose, pineapple, tangerine, tart and sweet cherry, and marshmallow. Since a beer fit for the gods can only be produced in small batches, this collaboration only experienced a limited release in Westbrook’s distribution area.
Realizing that the Angry Chair faithful would most likely want to get their hands on some ZOOSE JOOSE, Westbrook Brewing set aside some of this collaboration brew and quite a few other special kegs so that it can descend upon Angry Chair Brewing on November 8 and unleash a full-scale Tap Takeover. This event will feature the following beers from Westbrook Brewing Co.:
Beers Tapped at 3 p.m.
- Key Lime Gose
- Lemon Cucumber Gose
- Piña Colada Gose
- Triple Double Kriek
- Mexican Cake (2018)
- Russian Interference – The first collaboration beer from Angry Chair & Westbrook
Beers Tapped at 7 p.m. and Beyond
- 2018 Laphroiag Barrel-aged Siberian Black Magic Panther
- Willet Barrel-aged Kentucky Coffee Stout
- Imperial Mexican Biscotti Cake (Spicy Nacho Edition)
- 2017 Mexican Coffee Cake
- 2017 Cabernet Barrel-aged 6th Anniversary Stout (Chocolate & Hazelnut)
- Leopold (Sauternes Barrel-aged Apricot & Peach Sour)
- Can Can Cerise (3+year Red Wine Barrel-aged Belgian Dark Sour with Cherries)
- ZOOSE JOOSE (draft only; Angry Chair WILL NOT have cans of ZOOSE JOOSE available for purchase)
Angry Chair will have a few of their beers on tap as well during this Tap Takeover, but the focus of this event is to showcase the delicious Westbrook offerings listed above. There will be NO GROWLER/CROWLER FILLS during this event.
The Westbrook Brewing Co. Tap Takeover at Angry Chair is come as you are and pay as you go. An event of this magnitude is sure to draw some serious interest from Tampa area beer lovers, so plan accordingly (carpool or Uber/Lyft and don’t park on Fern) and expect this Tap Takeover to be mostly standing-room only. Prost!