SweetWater Brewing Company (Atlanta, Georgia) has officially announced that it will begin the Limited Release of EFF 2020 Triple IPA in late December 2020.
Dropping as SweetWater’s newest Dank Tank Series release and a final adios to the year from hell, EFF 2020 is a Hazy/Juicy Triple India Pale Ale “packed with Citra, Sultana, Vic Secret and Azacca hops for notes of peach, tropical citrus, pineapple and pine.” Clocking in at 55-60 IBUs and a hefty 9.2% ABV, EFF 2020 is guaranteed to “wash the taste of 2020 goodbye.”
“This year, 2020 hit us hard so we decided to answer back by raising a hand and slapping it back behind us,” said Nick Nock, Head Brewer at SweetWater. “To do that we had to dominate and go big and bold, busting out a beer at 9.2% ABV, representing we conquered 2020. Despite being in your face, it’s still silky smooth with a bouquet tropical citrus to welcome in 2021. Every sip leaves you with a lingering smile waiting for another taste.”
EFF 2020 hit the Taproom at SweetWater Brewing Company on December 23 and is entering distribution now. You can expect to find this Limited Release available in 16 oz. cans and on draft at select craft beer-friendly establishments located in Alabama, Florida, Georgia and throughout the rest of the brewery’s distribution area. Prost!
Vital Information for EFF 2020 from SweetWater Brewing Company
Release – Limited/Dank Tank Series; late December 2020
Style – Hazy/Juicy Triple India Pale Ale
ABV – 9.2%
IBUs – 55-60
Featured Hops – Citra, Sultana, Vic Secret & Azacca
Malts – 2-row, Flaked Wheat & Oat Flakes
Availability 16 oz. cans & draft
Beer Finder – https://www.sweetwaterbrew.com/find-sweetwater/
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. (Chico, California) has officially announced that that it will begin the Seasonal Release of Wanderland Nectarine Ale in late December 2020/early January 2021.
Here to inspire you to “roam until your paradise appears,” Wanderland is a Kölsch-style Ale that has “an aroma of just-picked fruit, bold hop flavor, and a bright burst of nectarine.” Coming in at a “sizable” 7.5% ABV, Wanderland is a “juicy, golden sunset of a beer.”
Wanderland is rolling out now and is scheduled to hang around through March 2021. You can expect to find this new Seasonal offering available in 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles, 12-packs of 12 oz. bottles and on draft at select craft beer-focused establishments located in Alabama, Florida, California, North Carolina and throughout the rest of Sierra Nevada’s nationwide distribution network. Prost!
Vital Information for Wanderland Nectarine Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Release – Seasonal; late December 2020 – March 2021
Style – Kölsch-style Ale
ABV – 7.5%
IBUs – 25
Malts – 2-Row Pale, Pilsner & Wheat
Hops – Crystal, Mosaic & Azacca
Yeast – Kölsch Yeast
Added Ingredients – Nectarine
Availability – 6-packs of 12 oz. bottles, 12-packs of 12 oz. bottles & draft
Beer Finder – https://sierranevada.com/beer-locator/
Burial Beer Co. (Asheville, North Carolina) has officially announced that it will begin the Limited Bottle Release of A Faint Glimmer of Hope Notwithstanding on Wednesday, December 30.
Here to quell all the turbulence of 2020 with a “touch of subtle elegance,” A Faint Glimmer of Hope Notwithstanding is an Imperial Stout that was “blended from the bases of 5 different stouts . . . upon which [the brewery] added Forestry Camp roasted and caramelized Turkish figs, toasted almonds, sea salt, whole Madagascar vanilla bean and a touch of maple syrup.” Coming in at 13% ABV, A Faint Glimmer of Hope Notwithstanding is “an awakening to renewal, filled with figgy almond cake with vanilla filling, almond biscotti dipped in mocha cream, and salted caramel ice cream.”
A Faint Glimmer of Hope Notwithstanding – packaged in 500ml bottles for $18 each – will be available for online presale for pickup at Burial Beer Co.’s Asheville taproom and Raleigh taproom at noon on December 30 (proxies are welcome). If any bottles survive the presale, the brewery will release those in their online shop for nationwide shipping on December 31 at noon. A Faint Glimmer of Hope Notwithstanding will not see distribution. Prost!
Vital Information for A Faint Glimmer of Hope Notwithstanding from Burial Beer Co.
Release – Limited; December 30, 2020
Style – Imperial Stout
ABV – 13%
Added Ingredients – Roasted Turkish Fig, Toasted Almond, Madagascar Vanilla Bean, Sea Salt & Maple Syrup
Availability – 500ml bottles
Distribution – None. Brewery only
Portland Cider Company (Clackamas, Oregon) has officially announced that it will begin the Limited Release of Bubbly Brut, the latest release in its Small Batch Series, in late December 2020.
Here to fill your New Year with a “modern champagne-style sparkling cider that’s perfect for celebrating a special occasion or a ‘cider-bration’ any night of the week,” Bubbly Brut is a Hard Cider “made from 100% Northwest apples, fermented separately with two different champagne yeast strains on neutral French Oak, then blended.” Coming in at 6.9% ABV, Bubbly Brut is a “a dry, tannic cider that’s rich in apple notes with depth, character, and plenty of fizz, offering 50 percent more carbonation than the cidery’s other products.”
“We wanted to capture what people would expect from a champagne, but in a more approachable cider package,” said Deron Davenport, Portland Cider Co.’s head cidermaker. “Bubby Brut feels like a celebration with its sparkling effervescence, but it’s a cider at its core. That’s what’s really cool about this product—it’s an ode to a dry cider with a flavor profile that’s just as complex as any champagne you’ll find.”
Bubbly Brut is rolling out now and will hang around through February 2021. You can expect to find this new Limited Release available in 19.2 oz. cans and on draft at select cider-friendly establishments located within Portland Cider Company’s distribution footprint in Oregon, Washington, Northern Idaho, and Northern California. Prost!
Vital Information for Bubbly Brut from Portland Cider Company
Release – Limited/Small Batch Series; late December 2020 – February 2021
Style – Hard Cider
ABV – 6.9%
Fruit – Northwest Apples
Treatment – Fermented separately with two different champagne yeast strains on neutral French Oak, then blended
Availability – 19.2 oz. cans & draft
Cider Finder – https://www.portlandcider.com/cider-finder
Orpheus Brewing (Atlanta, Georgia) has officially announced that it will launch its new Doughnut Revolution Series, a collaboration project with Atlanta’s Revolution Doughnuts & Coffee, in late December 2020 with the Limited Release of Chocolate Blackout Cake Stout.
Crafted to capture the full experience of Revolution’s Blackout Chocolate Cake Doughnut – a decadent treat “topped with dark chocolate glaze, chocolate crumbs, and finished with a chocolate drizzle,” Doughnut Revolution: Chocolate Blackout Cake Stout (10% ABV) is an Imperial Stout that features “an array of chocolate malts along with three dosings of cocoa.”
Doughnut Revolution: Chocolate Blackout Cake Stout debuted at Orpheus Brewing on Sunday, December 27 and will enter distribution soon. You can expect to find this Limited Release available in 4-packs of 16 oz. cans and on draft at select craft beer-focused establishments located within the brewery’s distribution footprint in Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and Tennessee. Prost!
Vital Information for Doughnut Revolution: Chocolate Blackout Cake Stout from Orpheus Brewing
Release – Limited/Doughnut Revolution Series; December 27, 2020
Style – Imperial Stout
ABV – 10%
Featured Ingredients – Chocolate malts & “three dosings of cocoa”
Availability – 4-packs of 16 oz. cans & draft
Distribution – Alabama, Florida, Georgia & Tennessee
Beer calendar season is finally starting to pick up steam and this week we are here to give you a look at the 2021 Beer Lineup from Left Hand Brewing Co. (Longmont, Colorado).
As is the case with all brewery calendars around here, we have posted Left Hand’s full 2021 Beer Lineup below for you to look over at your leisure. That said, there are quite a few new and returning beers that we would like to bring to your attention first . . . so, let’s get at it (descriptions sourced from the brewery’s press release):
- St. Vrain Tripel (9.3% ABV), one of Left Hand’s most critically acclaimed brews, will join the brewery’s Year Round lineup in March 2021. The last release of their Belgian-Style Golden Ale was rated the #1 American Tripel in a blind tasting by Paste Magazine. Named after the river that winds alongside the brewery, St. Vrain is designed to pay homage to classic Belgian Tripels while adding a uniquely local twist. Colorado barley creates a subtle malt sweetness, and American hops bring rich herbal and floral aromatics, both perfectly complimenting the warm spice and fruit character of the Belgian yeast.
- Set to debut in Summer 2021, Wook Bait brings a new hop-forward addition to Left Hand’s year-round portfolio. A kaleidoscope of bright citrus and tropical fruit from Lotus, Galaxy, Cascade, and Azacca hops, Wook Bait is inspired by the rich music culture of Colorado.
- Bittersweet Nitro Imperial Coffee Milk Stout will make its long-awaited return at the end of 2020/beginning of 2021. A special blend of dark roast coffee weaves rich berry notes with spicy undertones into the 8.9% Imperial Milk Stout. Bittersweet Nitro is the single most requested archive beer from Left Hand, inspiring a social media campaign by fans for the brewery to re-release the brand. Their request has been answered with bold new artwork and new packaging.
- The brewery’s Limited Nitro Series will see the addition of Key Lime Pie Nitro, a 7.3% sour ale with lactose and lime, vanilla and cinnamon, in May. Super smooth and silky, the beer is modeled after the citrusy, velvety dessert. Tartness and baking spice combine with a creamy Nitro mouthfeel, each sip mimicking a spoonful of Key Lime Pie.
- Black Forest Nitro is set for a Seasonal Release in Q4 2021. Real cherries and chocolate combine with a rich roasted malt backbone, reminiscent of a Black Forest cake.
- The brewery’s standard CO2 Seasonal lineup will include the following newbies: Found Fortune Double IPA in January, Moscow Mule Pale Ale in the spring, and S’mores Milk Stout in late fall.
Found Fortune showcases El Dorado hops, inspiring its name. The 8.7% Double IPA is dry-hopped with El Dorado, Galaxy, and Citra, resulting in a wealth of candied orange, juicy tropical fruits, and notes of fresh-squeezed grapefruit. Moscow Mule Pale Ale is light and effervescent at 5.5% with a refreshing burst of lime and a spicy ginger kick, delivering the vibrant flavors of the classic cocktail with the body and hop benefits you can only experience in a beer. Due to its success as a “Crazy Limited” Test Kitchen Beer in their Can Mixed Packs, Left Hand is now offering this beer as a stand-alone. The announcement of S’mores Milk Stout heralds Left Hand’s first new Milk Stout variant planned for 2021. Their classic recipe meets your favorite campfire treat in this Milk Stout with marshmallows and spices hitting shelves late fall.
Alright, that should just about cover all the beers that piqued our interest, but there are quite a few more exciting releases left for you to discover on the calendar below. Check it out and get prepared for all the tasty goodness that Left Hand Brewing Co. will be sending your way in 2021. Prost!
Firestone Walker Brewing Company (Paso Robles, California) has officially announced that it will begin the Limited Release of its newest Crafted Thru Hops Mixed Pack, an IPA-centric mixed 12-pack of 12 oz. cans that includes Comet – a brand new Propagator Series offering, in late December 2020.
Back again to supply you with all the hoppy goodness you could possibly want in a 12-pack, this edition of the Crafted Thru Hops Mixed 12-pack includes the following three Firestone Walker favorites while also being the only way to get your hands on cans of the latest Propagator Series release, Comet Single Hop Hazy IPA (descriptions sourced directly from the brewery’s press release):
- Propagator Series – Comet Single Hop Hazy IPA – Comet is a classic yet largely overlooked American-grown hop variety that has become a favorite of the Firestone Walker brewing team—inspiring them to create this single-hop hazy IPA that offers a bright floral citrus fruit character with hints of coconut. “During selection in Yakima Valley, we walked through a Comet hop yard and were struck by how good it looked on the bine with these big, gnarly green cones,” said Brewmaster Matt Brynildson. “Rubbing some fresh-picked hops in the field convinced us that it was worth following up, and we fell in love with the results once we started brewing with it.” ABV – 5.6%
- Mind Haze IPA – From the coast of California comes Mind Haze, a free-spirited beer made to elevate your perceptions—juicy, fresh and loaded with an imaginative array of tropical hop flavors. This is a hazy IPA done the Firestone way. Mind Haze is ultimately a beer that breaks the mold with explosive hop aromas, a luscious texture and enduring freshness. ABV – 6.2%
- Double Jack Double IPA – Famed as one of the craft world’s trailblazing double IPAs, Double Jack is back by popular demand as a limited seasonal release. In the words of Brewmaster Matt Brynildson, “We stayed very true to the original recipe and the spirit of a legendary West Coast double IPA.” The result is a massively hopped yet improbably balanced double IPA—and an enduring throwback to the freewheeling origins of the West Coast style. ABV – 9.5%
- Union Jack IPA – Huge flavor that packs a punch. This is Union Jack—an icon of the West Coast IPA style, for those who like their beer loud and proud. Union Jack is the IPA that helped blaze the trail for the revolutionary West Coast style. Named for the British Lion who cofounded the brewery, Union Jack is intensely hoppy yet eminently drinkable from start to finish. A fad-proof IPA for any hop head. ABV – 7%
This installment of the Crafted Thru Hops Mixed Pack is rolling out now and will only be available for a limited time. You can expect to find this Limited Release at craft beer-friendly retailers located in North Carolina, Texas, California and throughout the rest of Firestone Walker’s distribution footprint. Prost!
Yazoo Brewing Company (Madison, Tennessee) has officially announced that it will begin the Limited Release of Saison D’Hiver, the brewery’s latest Embrace the Funk project, on Saturday, December 19.
Carefully crafted to honor winter, Saison D’Hiver – meaning “the Season of Winter”) is a Dark Saison “brewed with Vienna, dark wheat, roasted barley, special b malt and dark invert Candi syrup.” The beer went on to be “fermented with multiple Belgian and French yeast strains on dried black currants” and then bottled with brettanomyces. Coming in at 9.2% ABV, Saison D’Hiver is a holiday treat that can be enjoyed fresh or aged.
Saison D’Hiver will officially release at Yazoo Brewing Company on December 19 but you can go ahead a pre-order your bottles now by clicking here. With only a limited amount of 500ml bottles available for $13 each, Saison D’Hiver is a brewery only release that will not see distribution. Prost!
Vital Information for Saison D’Hiver from Yazoo Brewing Company
Release – Limited/Embrace The Funk Series; December 19, 2020
Style – Saison
ABV – 9.2%
Featured Ingredients – Vienna malt, dark wheat, roasted barley, special b malt & dark invert Candi syrup
Treatment – Fermented with multiple Belgian & French yeast strains on dried black currants, bottled with brettanomyces
Availability – 500ml bottles
Distribution – None. Brewery only
Swamp Head Brewery (Gainesville, Florida) has officially announced that it will begin the Drive-Thru Limited Release of Cuddly Like a Cactus Sour NEIPA and Ambrosia Salad Milkshake IPA at 2 p.m. on Thursday, December 17.
Here to bring some holiday cheer to the swamp, the following two Limited Release IPAs are next up in Swamp Head Brewery’s string of holiday-themed Can Releases (descriptions sourced directly from the brewery’s social media posts):
- Cuddly As a Cactus – A kettle-soured New England-style IPA fermented with Prickly Pear. Contains lactose. ABV – 6.5%
- Ambrosia Salad – A Milkshake IPA based on the highly-polarizing and sometimes confusing Southern holiday dish. Made with Marshmallow, Luxardo Maraschino Cherries, Pineapple, Mandarin Orange, and Coconut; contains lactose. ABV – 7.6% ABV
Cuddly As a Cactus and Ambrosia Salad are scheduled to release at Swamp Head Brewery at 2 p.m. on December 17 and will hang around only as long as supplies last. Both of these Limited Releases will be available 4-packs of 16 oz. cans and you can arrange your order for same-day pickup by clicking here. Cuddly As a Cactus and Ambrosia Salad are both brewery-only releases and will not see distribution. Prost!
DuClaw Brewing Co. (Baltimore, Maryland) has officially announced that it will begin the Limited Release of Call Me Maurice Hopped Sour in mid-December 2020.
Named after everyone’s favorite lyrics from “The Joker” by The Steve Miller Band, Call Me Maurice is a Hopped Sour Ale with peaches, apricots and lactose added. Coming in at 7.1% ABV, Call Me Maurice will make sure all the Space Cowboys out there “end up a grinner.”
Call Me Maurice is rolling out now and will be available as long as supplies last. You can expect to find this Limited Release available in 12 oz. cans and on draft at select craft beer-focused establishments located in Alabama, Florida, Maryland and throughout the rest of DuClaw’s distribution footprint. Prost!
Vital Information for Call Me Maurice from DuClaw Brewing Co.
Release – Limited; mid-December 2020
Style – Sour Ale
ABV – 7.1%
IBUs – 12
Hops – Bravo & Amarillo
Malts – Pilsner, Unmalted Wheat & Flaked Oats
Added Ingredients – Peaches, apricots & lactose
Availability – 12 oz. cans & draft
Beer Finder – https://duclaw.com/beer-finder/