On Sunday, July 21 at 11 a.m., LOKO Cuisine will pop up over at Webb’s City Cellar at Green Bench Brewing Co. (1133 Baum Ave. N | St. Petersburg, Florida) to host a special Aloha edition of its Eggs & Kegs Brunch Series.
Inspired heavily by “the islands’ mixed lunch plate”, Aloha Eggs & Kegs is a Hawaiian-style brunch that will pair wonderfully with a summer Sunday in Florida and any leis and/or tropical-print shirts you may or may not have tucked away in your closet. This spirited brunch will consist of the following five-course meal (served buffet-style):
To cover the “kegs” portion of the brunch, Green Bench Brewing Co. will break out some tasty treats to complement the meal detailed above (one beer or cider is included in the ticket price). For those in need of their morning caffeine fix, Ginger Beard Coffee will also be on-site to pour up nitro-infused coconut coffee cold brew and Ceylon passion fruit tea (available for an additional cost).
Tickets for Aloha Eggs & Kegs are available now for $34.00 each, and you can purchase yours by clicking here. Ticket cost includes the Hawaiian-inspired brunch and one selected beer or cider. Physical tickets will not be issued, but your name will be added to a paid list once the purchase process is completed. FYI: Everyone in your party will have to check in under the purchaser’s name at the door. Also, please keep in mind that Webb’s City Cellar is a 21+ only event space.
Tickets are currently still available for this event, but that is sure to change once whispers of “Short Rib LOKO Moco” spread across the Tampa Bay area. With that in mind, go ahead and lock down your tickets ASAP that way you are guaranteed the opportunity to get into the Aloha Spirit with the folks at LOKO Cuisine and Green Bench Brewing Co. on Sunday, July 21. Prost!
On Saturday, October 14, Mastry’s Brewing Co. (St. Pete Beach, Florida) will celebrate its First Anniversary Party with the release of three new beers: Year One Wheat Wine, Bourbon Barrel Aged Starless Night Russian Imperial Stout and Floribraska Hazy Tropical IPA.
With one year officially in the books as the first craft brewery and tasting room on St. Pete Beach, the Mastry’s Brewing Co. crew is more than ready to celebrate their first anniversary with a Beer Fest-style party on October 14. The brewery’s theme of “taking traditional styles and combining influences from exotic locales” will be showcased at the party in the form of three special brews: Year One Wheat Wine, Bourbon Barrel Aged Starless Night Russian Imperial Stout and Floribraska Hazy Tropical IPA. The full descriptions and release details for these three Limited Releases are as follows:
- Year One Wheat Wine – “The first of the specialty beer releases will be ‘Year One’, a Wheat Wine ale brewed at 8% Abv. This golden ale boasts a nose like a bouquet of Chrysanthemums. Year One has a taste that is dry and light despite the gravity. Year One is an elegant ale brewed for celebration, available on draught only.”
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Starless Night – “The second small-batch release, will be the ‘Bourbon Barrel Aged Starless Night’. This limited-release batch of the infamous Starless Night is rested in Bourbon Barrels and is the quintessential sticky barrel-aged Russian Imperial Stout. Bourbon Barrel Aged Starless Night is rich, thick and decadent with notes of Dark Chocolate, Vanilla, Bourbon, Caramel, and Macaroon. Bourbon Barrel Aged Starless Night will be available in bottles and on draught, brewed at 11% Abv.”
- Floribraska Hazy Tropical IPA – “The third new release for the celebration will be the first out-of-state collaboration for Mastry’s Brewing Co. In partnership with Infusion Brewing Co. in Omaha, NE, the two brewing teams developed ‘Floribraska’, a hazy tropical IPA made with maize, lactose, and guava at 6.2% Abv. This limited-release IPA is hopped with copious amounts of El Dorado, Citra, and Motueka. Available on draught only, get this small-batch collaboration while you can.”
In addition to the beers listed above and a spread of their other offerings, Mastry’s Anniversary Party will have a Beer Fest vibe featuring live music, food, and a selection of tasty brews from Green Bench Brewing Co. (St. Petersburg, Florida), Hidden Springs Ale Works (Tampa, Florida), Mad Beach Craft Brewing Company (Madeira Beach, Florida) and St. Pete Brewing Company (St. Petersburg, Florida). If you are in the area and free on Saturday, be sure to swing by Mastry’s Brewing Company to raise a glass of Year One, Bourbon Barrel Aged Starless Night or Floribraska with the brewery’s staff in recognition of the past year and the many more ahead. Prost!
On Saturday, October 1 from 11 a.m. to close, Green Bench Brewing Co. (1133 Baum Ave N, Saint Petersburg, Florida) will be in full party mode to celebrate the brewery’s 3 Year Anniversary.
With an unwavering love for Saint Petersburg and a firm focus on creating “the best beer on the planet” by utilizing only the finest ingredients available, Green Bench Brewing Co. has created itself a firm foothold within the Florida craft beer community over the last three years. To celebrate all of the challenges and successes along the way, the guys and gals at the brewery plan to throw a party to recognize the support and dedication of a very special guest of honor: you. They know how difficult it would have been to come as far as they have since opening without the amazing level of devotion displayed by their fans, so this party is for you.
The 3 Year Anniversary Party is a multifaceted event jam-packed with a ridiculous amount of fun stuff to get into. Let’s break it down:
- To make sure you can properly experience all that this event has to offer, the brewery will be opening an hour early at 11 a.m.
- This event will also acts as the fall kickoff event for the St. Pete Indie Market. This market is “a unique destination for artisans, progressives, tourists and locals to come together in an outdoor alternative to retail setting. With 60+ vendors, craft beer and live art, the St. Pete Indie Market is a vital weekend destination for those in search of local flavor and the indie spirit.”
- Limited Bottle Release #1: Sauvage Pomme, 100% Brett fermented Farmhouse Ale brewed with Amarillo hops & Michigan Apple Cider
- Limited Bottle Release #2: The Golden Apple Mead. This is the brewery’s first bottle release from their Cider & Mead program.
- Live music will start with Kristopher James from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., followed by Donna Lu from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., and Dropin Pickup will close out the evening’s live entertainment.
- A food truck will be on-site to handle any grubbin’ needs you may encounter.
- Finally, “there will be a ton of drink specials, and other surprises and treats for you throughout the day JUST because we love you.”
This event is family friendly and will be rockin’ all day and night long on October 1st. If you are free and in the Saint Petersburg area on Saturday, make sure to swing by the brewery to take part in the festivities because the folks at Green Bench Brewing Co. want nothing more than to raise a glass with you to the past three years and the many bright years ahead. Prost!